Lt. Commander
# 11
02-03-2010, 12:42 PM
i am now unable to log into the game at all. Can't even get passed the first screen of username/password.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-03-2010, 12:42 PM
I've had extreme lag, rubber banding, and server connection issues since a few weeks after beta started. The game is unplayable.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Welcome to the club
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-03-2010, 12:49 PM
My other topic about rubberband lag got apparently deleted, so I'll post it again here. I live in Switzerland, close to Germany, and also I am experiencing the rubberband lags ... even when the server is not very busy like during the afternoon German time (USA has morning time) ... I just wonder why they didn't foresee this. There were already ten thousands of players during Beta and head start ... there will be millions soon, specially after Europe release (US release was yesterday).

I must say it here again, so my words find some sort of echo at least: I bought a LIFETIME subscription and we should have a priorised connection in comparison to the others who just pay monthly. I have spent my entire money reserves for the last half year just to pay this LTS ... and so far, I'm by far not impressed with what I get for it. Lags with no ending, unplayable game for hours ... servers being maintained for many hours every day almost ... I have to work as well and when I come home, I just wish to spend one or two hours on STO and have some fun, but so far, all I could do was some introductionary mission and a few Lieutenant missions. I'm still stuck at Lieutenant 7, during the Beta I was at Lieutenant 10 and I didn't play as long as I do now.

I give the servers a 14 day chance to improve. If the performance won't rise, I'll be forced to cancel my subscription and demand a satisfactory refund. I'm aware I can't get my entire money back, but I hope like 3/4 of it. I really enjoyed the Beta, I loved it to be honest. And now, I'm getting so deeply disappointed. Do you know how frustrating it is, to travel a lightyear in space and then all of a sudden your ship is back at the spot it started from? I was close to crying before. Now call me a sissy, yes I'm a gurl, so what.

~ Eris
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-03-2010, 12:55 PM
Although i would like to add.

You can try restarting the game totally and at the first login screen select "options" and "EU proxy" this can solve your problems sometimes.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-03-2010, 12:57 PM
Quote:
I bought a LIFETIME subscription and we should have a priorised connection in comparison to the others who just pay monthly.
Eris, just because you chucked a load of cash for lifetime subscription doesn't make you a 'more prioritized' player. Once I get to 'lifetime' after paying monthly, i would of payed just as much as you, if not more.

*EDIT*
I understand what you mean Eris, by purchasing lifetime it's almost like showing your true dedication to the game and Cryptik (and obv the bonus stuff). The only reason I got monthly is just incase something went wrong...and well, it did.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-03-2010, 12:58 PM
Is there any information on what ports you need to redirect or open? That would maybe help a bit, too.

PS: I think it's just an example I wish to share with you how many expectations I've put into this game and I was so happy with the Beta ... that's why I've decided to buy LTS. Sorry if it came across wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-03-2010, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkameron View Post
Although i would like to add.

You can try restarting the game totally and at the first login screen select "options" and "EU proxy" this can solve your problems sometimes.
Some of the time.. i've been doing a lot of testing of this and I find (in the UK) that the Proxy server effectiveness is very varied.

Sometimes the EU proxy is good.. others it is the problem.

I have actually had some good results using the US Proxy.. which is just daft.

I realize that any ISP is part of the problem.. but as many many many people have posted here.. they are able to play many other MMO's and FPS's with their current setup with no problems.. so i don't believe that Cryptic cannot do something about this

I am very much hoping that this alleged increased capacity will do something this weekend
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-03-2010, 01:22 PM
doc_rocker: I Concur
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-04-2010, 03:11 AM
Well, at afternoons and evenings I use US proxy and during day time or morning the EU proxy ... so I can evade the top times in each time zone, and now it works a bit better ... still not as I expect it to work, but it works at least playable so far.