Lt. Commander
# 1 Orion Sector Patrol IssueI
02-03-2010, 01:57 PM
I've been completing these but I still have the mission when I leave the system. Bug or am I doing something wrong? I get the message to say that I have finished the mission and should depart and when I do I still have the mission!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryde7
I've been completing these but I still have the mission when I leave the system. Bug or am I doing something wrong? I get the message to say that I have finished the mission and should depart and when I do I still have the mission!
Orion Sector Patrol is the title of the mission. You have to go to the planets listed under the title.

Once you complete every planet listed you can call starfleet and get the bonus for the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 02:17 PM
I know. Sorry maybe I used the wrong term. I have gone to 3 of the 4 systems and completed the objectives but the system names still remain (although the first one disappeared).

I've already completed the Vulcan Patrol mission and that was fine. After every system I visited and successfully completed the objectives, the system name vanished from my task list. For the Orion Patrol, thats not happening.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 03:54 PM
I had that with 2 of the places in the Orion mission.

In one case I went straight back and redid the mission 3 times just to see if I could get it to update - but nothing - it said the mission was complete and asked if I'd like to leave the sector - but when I left it didn't update the overall quest.

Strangely the next day I got another quest in that system so I went back (ever the optimist) and everything worked fine - including updating the 2 original missions when I did them again.

I thought at the time that the patch must have fixed the known bug - but if you have had the problem today then maybe it was getting the extra quest that somehow kick started it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 04:04 PM
That is a known bugged mission series. If your not Lt 4 yet it won't complete. I had the same issue when I tried to do it as Lt 3, I'd warp in, finish the area's mission, warp out and it would still be marked in mission log still to be done.

Waited till I was Lt 4 before trying again, and this time it worked as per normal.

I'd suggest looking in the in-game bug reports in future, they do post known issue's with missions, etc there.. so can be quick to search there and see if the issue your having is a known one, and if there are any work-arounds or such posted.