Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Ok, here's my 2 cents worth from my experience so far in Tier 1 and Tier 2 from BoP POV.

Tier1 seemed relatively balanced, I could go one -vs- one with a Fed ship and hold my own, sometimes winning, sometimes not, thus fairly well balanced.

Then, finally I make it to Tier 2, even after upgrading all weapons to M4s, I seem to be way outgunned.

I seem to end up in a lot of 2 v 2 battles. In Tier 1, it was again roughly 50/50 win/lose.

In Tier 2, 1 v 1 or 2 v 2, the Feds have always come out winning. I had a battle with another BoP and myself against a Fed, the Fed relatively easily took out both of us, and we'd barley even scratched the Feds paint. So, even in 2 to 1, the Feds come out ahead(in Tier2).

I've seen posts from Feds that the Fed ball is boring. Well, it's because in an even battle, we lose. We have to wait for the strays, that we can jump on in greater numbers, because it's our only chance at winning.

So, either our Klingon ships needed bumped up in Tier 2, or the Feds need nerf'd a little.

Tier 2 is way noticeably tilted in the Feds favor, IMHO....
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 07:39 AM
LOL I belly laughed
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 07:41 AM
well..theres a simple logical explanation for this....

the simple explansation tbh is your obviously crap, if your wining and losing in even amount with a BOP in tier 1 you are definatly doing something wrong. I've played both klink and fed in tier 1 and you hardly lose in tier 1 as a klink thats just well understood already.

Tier 2 is probably more balance then any other infact. while tier 3, i havnt tried yet but most suggest feds have the upper hand there.

My suggestion to you is read the general feedback and compare it to yours.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 07:43 AM
The beginning of tier 2 is bad for a klingon. Once you get halfway you have the skills and have the medals to buy the needed gear so that you have a fighting chance. In the end it comes down to personal skill in the second half of the tier and what kind of group you are in that will determine if you win or lose a match. Voice comms help, though you can do it through text in a pinch.

The biggest problem is that somebody has to step up and lead the klingon group in each battle instance and sometimes nobody wants to do that. In this case be prepared to lose.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 07:43 AM
It is because of the lack of tier 2 battlecruiser for klingons. This is why tier 3 is balanced and tier 2 is not. Once they add it to the game tier 2 will be balanced.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 07:49 AM
so Triare and Slingblades, you two believe tier 1 is balanced or not?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 07:55 AM
I wish I could be bothered to go dig up my old open beta posts so I wouldn't have to retype this.

It's not supposed to be balanced. The KDF side requires finesse and coordination to win.

t1 is by far the easiest tier for kdf, because the bop is with the exception of hull points, superior to the miranda in every way but also has cloaking. Since the bop can flee before those hull points become an issue, that weakness rarely factors in.

t2 is arguably the hardest.

I'll tell you what we've told every crying kdf before you - man up. Get back in there and learn to play.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 07:57 AM
"The KDF side requires finesse and coordination to win. "

LMAO
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-03-2010, 07:59 AM
3 or 4 hours of PvP'ing I think we won most of them . I will state though there was one fight we had no stomache for and that was 2 sci vessels and 3 cruisers . It just wasn't worth the time it would take to try and crack that egg. It does get better as you earn the medals and gather the equipment (blue and greens ).
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-03-2010, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbd View Post
so Triare and Slingblades, you two believe tier 1 is balanced or not?
I have yet to try pvp with my fed. I'll be high enough level to try that tonight or tommorow. One thing i will say is, feds don't work together, don't put much power to weapons (100% weapons increases your damage by approx 2.25 times). They also don't use things like jam sensor or tractor beam that often. I also find feds not using both their phasers to broadside and then finishing it off with a torpedo and the front beam. They also sit at 3-5km away instead of circling BoP's so they have an easy time fighting back. All of these things leads to them doing a lot worse in PvP then they are capable of.