Lt. Commander
# 11
02-03-2010, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayenn
Sadly, because I am providing something other than an extreme opinion on either side of the general perceived argument, this thread will probably fall below the active thread fold and get lost in the sweet-and-sour mix.
No it won't because we won't let it fall off not yet.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-03-2010, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyx
No it won't because we won't let it fall off not yet.
But that would be a /bump, which is strictly against the forum rules. I would like an actual constructive conversation to start here that contains reasonable expectations or ideas. That is a high hope, for sure.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-03-2010, 12:00 PM
Quote:
But that would be a /bump, which is strictly against the forum rules. I would like an actual constructive conversation to start here that contains reasonable expectations or ideas. That is a high hope, for sure.
Honestly whatever you wrote is quite perfect and i have nothing more to add in favour or against. The only thing i can hope is that dev pay attention to it and implement some of your ideas. Lets see if anyone has something to say because i completely agree with whatever you wrote
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-03-2010, 12:06 PM
Pretty good post man. Your ideas would go along way to making this game, in my eyes, worth staying on and playing.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-03-2010, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Now, keep in mind when I say STO has the most fun assemblage of game-play mechanics I mean specifically what is present in STO. Not “what could have been” or “should be” in STO. I am looking directly at what is there, and only that. I look at it this way because this is what Cryptic has offered us in a Star Trek MMORPG. The could-have-beens or should-have-beens are out the door. This is what in a Star Trek MMORPG right now.
I especially like that part. Very few people review games for what they are, they whine about what should be as if their point of view is the only valid point of view.

Now that we are all paying customers, we can have a stronger vote that Cryptic needs to listen to. I would like to steer the direction of conversation to Cryptic to help them enhance what they have built without ridiculous demands for a complete revamp. I love this game, and have a list of things I would like to see, but like you I am very patient and willing to play with what I have.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-03-2010, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS-Andromeda View Post
I would like to steer the direction of conversation to Cryptic to help them enhance what they have built without ridiculous demands for a complete revamp.
CCP does a pretty good job with this idea in EVE. They have a player counsel system in which players are voted to be a member of for a 6 month term. Occasionally CCP flys the counsel to The studio to give input and insight at board meetings and such. Tho only problem with this is in STO that may become more a popularity contest than an actual effort to improve game-play. Perhaps setting up such a system with an actual resume requirement or something of the like would work but that could also cut out people who would have good input and ideas who also don't posses supposed "credentials". Maybe an application process similar to applying for a job would work? Though, in that case I personally would want an actual job with them, LOL.

If they do something like this it will be months, maybe even a whole year, before it would be a reasonable proposition.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-03-2010, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyx
Finally someone with sense and maturity to write feedback.

Good job.
i think the OP has a well written and constructed post. a lot of it is just opinion, but not bad nonetheless.

i just find it REALLY FUNNY, that you berate everyone else who doesnt see your viewpoint and you gush over this. too funny.

just a statement.

otherwise, best of luck tot he OP on his wanting to develop an MMO. i know the requirements and throughout my own expectations, i know its no easy task. let us know what it is when you finish
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultracane

i just find it REALLY FUNNY, that you berate everyone else who doesnt see your viewpoint and you gush over this. too funny.

just a statement.
Yea, its amusing to say the least.

Must be his "Alt account"

PS No offense OP, well written and though out post.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-03-2010, 12:29 PM
I like the counsel idea, why not do surveys with Lifer's? Until then I just plan to post useful constructive threads like yours. I'm reserving most of my opinions until I've experienced more of the game and a lot of the whiners are gone.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-03-2010, 12:39 PM
Quote:
i think the OP has a well written and constructed post. a lot of it is just opinion, but not bad nonetheless.
Yeah, it is "just opinion" but it is an opinion formulated through intense study and quite a bit of peer review; meaning my assessment scaffold is constructed from having to defend that very scaffold many times over in an environment intended to brutally puncture any over inflated ideas.

Quote:
otherwise, best of luck tot he OP on his wanting to develop an MMO. i know the requirements and throughout my own expectations, i know its no easy task. let us know what it is when you finish
Oh, I'm well aware of the development process, painfully aware, in fact. So much so that I am not sure the design document i have been working on will ever see the light of day. The first step: get my foot in some door some where. Even then it may never ever happen. It is easier to get a movie script acccepted by a large studio or to become a moderately well known "rock star". there are only around 240 MMORPGs in operation at this time. Talk about odds against...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilosoldier
PS No offense OP, well written and though out post.
There is no offense taken. It is all in good fun.