Lt. Commander
# 11
02-03-2010, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acehilator View Post
No.

pug vs pug = almost equal (whoever is more coordinated wins)
premade vs premade = almost equal (missing Klingon T2 cruiser hurts)
I can tell you from experience that pug vs pug isn't equal at all.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-03-2010, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstorm
Depends on the pugs. lol

I do not know how much Feddies are grouping atm, but pretty much anytime I join a group with my Klingon I am given Vent/TS info immediately. And don't tell me it doesn't make a difference. Fast communication in PvP makes a difference.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-03-2010, 12:11 PM
Original Post rewording:

"I refuse to play this game until my single ship can solo tank 5 enemies"

I respond with a call for all Klingons to boycott PvP until we can fly a BoP into a fedball all alone, and tank them all.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-03-2010, 12:15 PM
Quote:
It is amazing how much one terrible player can hurt a pug. That may be the reason for the experience you've seen.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-03-2010, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Just let me rephrase... whoever sticks together more wins. Full Impulsing into the fight solo without power is not going to work most of the time. You cannot balance a game taking the IQ of the players into account.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-03-2010, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
It is amazing how much one terrible player can hurt a pug. That may be the reason for the experience you've seen.
Klingons are immune to having terrible players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acehilator View Post
Just let me rephrase... whoever sticks together more wins. Full Impulsing into the fight solo without power is not going to work most of the time. You cannot balance a game taking the IQ of the players into account.
Every match I've been in, we've teamed up. We've stuck together near the spawn point with our engines on like one quarter impulse? We kept it slow either way. There's -nothing- you can do to stop the alpha, and I've shot at a guy for around ten-fifteen seconds and his shields were just fine. Meanwhile, my shield goes down the toilet faster than an aborted fetus on prom night.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-03-2010, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Yes, my not knowing how to play is entirely why a klingon can escape via cloak.
Cloak isnt the problem... lack of organization and not on the proper target is... and if you lose the first ship doesn't mean you lose the battle. Think about what you are going to post before vomiting the first thing you think of on the boards. Don't target the engineers first.. go tactical then science. If you get targeted first use reverse shield polarity. Use your head instead of mashing the keyboard and you may live a bit.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-03-2010, 12:48 PM
Quote:
I've shot at a guy for around ten-fifteen seconds and his shields were just fine. Meanwhile, my shield goes down the toilet faster than an aborted fetus on prom night.
ahh sounds like reverse shield polarity to me.... normally I switch targets at that point.....
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-03-2010, 12:51 PM
Ok... the acronyms what is PUG/PUGS
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-03-2010, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Softhands View Post
Cloak isnt the problem... lack of organization and not on the proper target is...
You're wrong and you use ellipsis wrong.

Quote:
if you lose the first ship doesn't mean you lose the battle.
You are correct, but that ship is just going to turn around and shoot someone else shortly after. Feds don't have that option.

Quote:
Think about what you are going to post before vomiting the first thing you think of on the boards.

Quote:
Don't target the engineers first.. go tactical then science. If you get targeted first use reverse shield polarity. Use your head instead of mashing the keyboard and you may live a bit.
Strange. I do everything you suggest and it doesn't help any. What is your excuse for your profound insight not helping? I'll give you a hint; it's not because every 'good player' rolls Klingon like oh-so-many try to proclaim.