Career Officer
It's an enjoyable missions, until you have to deal with the doors on the accolade hunt.

Some people are having bad luck having to the left door open, and some people actually have trouble with the right door. So I don't think this random mechanic is working out. And people's frustrations are increasing because they are tired having to replay that episode multiple times just for the door they want to open.

So is there something the team could do to make it not so random? Like give us an option to override the doors after we collect all 3 EVA suits? Or unlock one of the other accolades?

I'm sure many people would be thankful if this was so.

Hopefully, we don't have this ever happen again in future content.

EDIT: People are clearly misunderstanding this thread, but the intention of this thread is NOT about removing the randomness of the new missions. Let me make this as simple as possible:

Randomness for Missions = Very Good!

Randomness causing one path to constantly open up and not the other = BAD

Accolades depending on DPS (on ground) = Not good for Sci's.

Last edited by azurianstar; 02-05-2014 at 02:00 PM. Reason: People clearly misunderstanding (or trolling, hard to tell).
Captain
# 2
02-02-2014, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Hopefully, we don't have this ever happen again in future content.
Woh now, some of us actually like the thrill of the accolade hunt. Missions have been too simple IMO, there haven't been enough secrets to unlock. I think this is a great thing.

Helpful Tools: Dictionary.com - Logical fallacies - Random generator - Word generator - Color tool - Extra Credits - List of common English language errors - Big booty tutorial - Also, follow me on Twitter!
Career Officer
# 3
02-03-2014, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeitis View Post
Woh now, some of us actually like the thrill of the accolade hunt. Missions have been too simple IMO, there haven't been enough secrets to unlock. I think this is a great thing.
Not knowing every single thing as I enter a map is refreshing. From what console does what on the 'puzzle' (really it is more of a race.) To randomness of snipers vs. powersuits. And oh yeah which route unlocks to get to the control room.

It is more fun and feels like less of a grind if you want to play this on more than one character.
Career Officer
# 4
02-05-2014, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeitis View Post
I did not say "get rid of accoladeS", my post was "don't make it a pain to achieve certain accolades". Like with this mission Science Captains have an impossible task in achieving the Efficient Swarmer Accolade, because they don't have Security Teams or Turrets.

Then there is the door choices - Don't make us repeat the content 10-12 times getting Door A to open up, when we want Door B.

That's what I was getting at with that line, for them never to repeat that sort of thing ever again. Because there is no fun in that, especially when you got to do it on multiple characters and wasting your free time to do it!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2014, 02:49 AM
He's right, those two things are a major pain. Be great if Cryptic fixed that. It's not fun having to repeat the mission. I just spent 6 hours on one character repeating to get the right door, and when I do get the right door, I don't have enough DPS to get that accolade. And it's the last one I need.
Career Officer
# 6
02-05-2014, 07:25 AM
I love the randomness of it, and I hope Cryptic doesn't cater to the silly desires of lazy accolade hunters by making more predictable, linear missions.
Rihannsu
# 7
02-05-2014, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
I love the randomness of it, and I hope Cryptic doesn't cater to the silly desires of lazy accolade hunters by making more predictable, linear missions.
Ditto, though I've played it at least 5 times and still haven't gotten to kill the sniper...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 8
02-05-2014, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
Looks like I have to revise the OP since so many people on this thread are making false assumptions.

I'm not saying "take out the randomness". All I'm saying is don't force me to repeat the same mission 10, 20 times until that door opens up.
Career Officer
# 9
02-05-2014, 01:21 PM
I have found that if you run into the room and stand close to the left door (which leads to the sunroom) after whacking the swarmers it will be open. It has worked on three of my toons so far. I will be using two other alts tonight, will let you know if this is reliable or I just got lucky with the other ones.
Rihannsu
# 10
02-06-2014, 04:17 AM
The randomness wouldn't be any problem at all if there was a checkpoint after the spacewalk, so we could beam out and retry without having to start the whole thing over from the beginning every time.