Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 101
02-05-2010, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Lloyd
Spamming this post in every thread is still spamming and doesn't actually contribute to the discussion.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 102
02-05-2010, 01:20 AM
Cannons are used by our tactical players... and on Klingon side 90% of the players ARE Tactical players

Thats why there is so much Cannon fire incoming when PvPing =)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 103
02-05-2010, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodlance View Post
Cannons are used by our tactical players... and on Klingon side 90% of the players ARE Tactical players

Thats why there is so much Cannon fire incoming when PvPing =)
Actually 90% know what they are doing... and are 100% in escorts... Tact career or not...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 104
02-05-2010, 01:51 AM
Folks seem to forget this is a Cryptic game. The previous two games sure did a bang up job in regards to PvP. *aweseomface.jpg*
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 105
02-05-2010, 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
I simplified this for you.

Okay, lesson 1 for fed pvp goes as follows :

"One on one you are no match for the klingons. Together, you are stronger than they are."

They have more forward guns, cloaking, more maneuverability, more burst fire.

Outlast that burst fire and you have a 50/50 shot.

Sorry but thats just outright bad game design and needs to be fixed. If one side is better solo by default then you are basically requiring the other side to play as a team just to be on an even playing field. In addition this means Feds will be heavily reliant on how well they communicate while Klingon's will not.

To see that this is a flawed game mechanic badly in need of correction all you have to do is imagine the shoe is on the other foot and you are required to team up to ever leave spacedock.

Similar size and type ships should be relatively equal in battle only using different styles of fighting which each player must master to gain full efficiency and advantage in their ships.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 106
02-05-2010, 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylverlokk View Post
Sorry but thats just outright bad game design and needs to be fixed. If one side is better solo by default then you are basically requiring the other side to play as a team just to be on an even playing field. In addition this means Feds will be heavily reliant on how well they communicate while Klingon's will not.

To see that this is a flawed game mechanic badly in need of correction all you have to do is imagine the shoe is on the other foot and you are required to team up to ever leave spacedock.

Similar size and type ships should be relatively equal in battle only using different styles of fighting which each player must master to gain full efficiency and advantage in their ships.
Oddly enough that is how the game is designed. Most federation players are way too dense to see it...

"Know when to hold them, know when to fold them, know when to run...."

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 107
02-05-2010, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylverlokk View Post
Sorry but thats just outright bad game design and needs to be fixed. If one side is better solo by default then you are basically requiring the other side to play as a team just to be on an even playing field. In addition this means Feds will be heavily reliant on how well they communicate while Klingon's will not.

Similar size and type ships should be relatively equal in battle only using different styles of fighting which each player must master to gain full efficiency and advantage in their ships.
can you even see what you are typing ?????

It is a damn 5vs5 TEAM PvP map, what the h e l l ?????

The TEAM that communicates more then the other has an adventage, this is also true in REAL LIFE WAR or team sports (depending on sport). Teams that dont communicate or communicate badly, get the ending they deserve.

It seems to me that Klingons in general master their ships way better than eny Feds does ( meaning they have correct talents and correct BOs and play as a team, meaning they have multiple supports with them ).

your post was just .... bad.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 108
02-05-2010, 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodlance View Post
can you even see what you are typing ?????

It is a damn 5vs5 TEAM PvP map, what the h e l l ?????

The TEAM that communicates more then the other has an adventage, this is also true in REAL LIFE WAR or team sports (depending on sport). Teams that dont communicate or communicate badly, get the ending they deserve.

It seems to me that Klingons in general master their ships way better than eny Feds does ( meaning they have correct talents and correct BOs and play as a team, meaning they have multiple supports with them ).

your post was just .... bad.
Mirroring his game play for an EPIC bit of synchronicity eh?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 109
02-05-2010, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentan View Post
It doesn't take much to take notice that all the Klingons are going to excort ships with max heavy cannons, sure you say its just part of the game. How many time you see 5 vs 5 in a battle and the Klingons have 5 kills and Feds have, not even one? I fly engineer in a cruiser because they are the best tank in game right? Why is it I can tank a level 19 dreadnaught, yet I can't even tank a Klingon with full cannon setup for mroe then 10 seconds, it appears he can uncloak and shoot and have me down to hull within 3-4 seconds, not evben enough time to use my abilities most of time and even then my abilities such as hull repair and shield repair do allmost nothing with the 3 cannons continuely hitting me.

If thats not enough proof for u next time look at the report in a pvp match and look at the damages feds roughly 1k-15k damage most of time sometimes a bit more. While the Klingons are 50k-110k damage. The only time that is differnt is when u don't have a group of klingons using all cannons. When they use beams and torpedos it does seem alot more fair, yet i can't even place a mk iv cannon on a cruiser, but they can place 3.
You do realize that Klingons *only* have Escort-similar ships at LT and LtC right?

You do realize that while a BOP might turn faster and have a cloak, *but* they have less hull and crew and less BO slots and less Console slots at LtC than the Fed Escorts right?

You do realize that a Klingon dont get to loot uber rares and uncommon parts at Fleetbattles and that we have no missions to get rewards from, right?

I play both sides, Fed Escort pilot and Klingon BOP pilot, both LtC now, and I do equally well in both. Meaning that if I shoot first (granted, easier for the BOP) I have a slight chance to take out an opponent even in a 1v2 or 1v3.. Regardless of which faction I play, my kill/death ratio and damage per game remain similar (10-12 shared kills - 4-8 deaths 18-25k damage, depending on the team Im pitted with)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 110
02-05-2010, 05:45 AM
This entire thread is just about fail.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:04 AM.