Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-03-2010, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentan View Post
It doesn't take much to take notice that all the Klingons are going to excort ships with max heavy cannons, sure you say its just part of the game. How many time you see 5 vs 5 in a battle and the Klingons have 5 kills and Feds have, not even one? I fly engineer in a cruiser because they are the best tank in game right? Why is it I can tank a level 19 dreadnaught, yet I can't even tank a Klingon with full cannon setup for mroe then 10 seconds, it appears he can uncloak and shoot and have me down to hull within 3-4 seconds, not evben enough time to use my abilities most of time and even then my abilities such as hull repair and shield repair do allmost nothing with the 3 cannons continuely hitting me.

If thats not enough proof for u next time look at the report in a pvp match and look at the damages feds roughly 1k-15k damage most of time sometimes a bit more. While the Klingons are 50k-110k damage. The only time that is differnt is when u don't have a group of klingons using all cannons. When they use beams and torpedos it does seem alot more fair, yet i can't even place a mk iv cannon on a cruiser, but they can place 3.
The BOP is designed to use canons..in this game...and in the canon star trek lore.

OF course feds shoulds only have blasty canons....

ALso...if you are comparing damage of a CLOSE fight...it should be sort of equal. If your team is getting blown up, they aren't around enough to keep dishing out damage while the enemy is.
Please put some thought into your posts.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-03-2010, 12:39 PM
Actually, with all due respect to my kdf counterparts - rapid fire permits you to fire all cannons at the same time, or did in OB and I don't think they changed that, and it applies to turrets.

Two forward plasma cannons, RF and quant torps. That really is a crapload of burst damage. If someone isn't fast they are going to soak 6k-10k of damage from a -single- enemy within 10 seconds unless they keep their shields up.

That's where the fed perspective is coming from. They are just tired of dying without being able to react.

Before you say "Reverse shield polarity!", remember that's a lt.com skill, and only available on cruisers and is self-buff only. There's a reason why noone goes after the cruisers first in t2.

I object to ignorant arguments on both sides, and some of my kdf counterparts are ignoring the difficulties in pvp on the fed side too. For this game to succeed it needs to be fun for everyone. If it's not, that has to change.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-03-2010, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
Actually, with all due respect to my kdf counterparts - rapid fire permits you to fire all cannons at the same time, or did in OB and I don't think they changed that, and it applies to turrets.

Two forward plasma cannons, RF and quant torps. That really is a crapload of burst damage. If someone isn't fast they are going to soak 6k-10k of damage from a -single- enemy within 10 seconds unless they keep their shields up.
And then the target hits RSP which outlasts your rapid fire. And then hits you with Jam Sensors once the RSP drops.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-03-2010, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine

Yes, two cannons work fine, but three will not. With rapid fire they may, I haven't tried to, but rapid fire isn't always on
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-03-2010, 12:45 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what a "Klingon cannon" is and why it's overpowered.

As far as I can tell, they are the same cannons that the Federation has available to them.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-03-2010, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
I'm still trying to figure out what a "Klingon cannon" is and why it's overpowered.

As far as I can tell, they are the same cannons that the Federation has available to them.
Yes they are the exact same. But more KDF ships can use them... they are also much easier to kill.. I seriously don't understand the complaining. Then again, this is the internet.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-03-2010, 02:01 PM
guys comon, go easy... Its much easier to whine than learn.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-03-2010, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankerin
Oh why not, I'll repeat my self again.

1. You can only equip 2 cannons, any more is dumb (they have a global cooldown from the previous nerf). Cannons are supposed to be the highest DPS weapon.. and guess what FEDS CAN USE THEM TOO!!

2. BoPs are the only ship that can battlecloak and most the time it's insta-death. BoPs are also the squisiest.

3. Use teamwork.
This

10 chars
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-03-2010, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antilles1 View Post
Feds generally lose to organized Klink teams. Keep this in mind.
I fixed that for you.

@OP, if they are pounding you get out of their firing arc; you say "but how? my ship is teh slow!" and we say evasive maneuvers and engine batteries. Get out of dodge by getting out of their front firing arc, then open up a broadside against them. Don't expect to be able to go toe to toe with them when they alpha strike you.

You also say "they kill me before I can activate my skills, 3-4 seconds and I am down to hull" we say that is plenty of time to activate your abilities. If it's hard for you, reconfigure your keymap so everything is close to your WASD. Assign ~ (tilde) to balance shields, Q to emergenty power to shields, E to your customised engines/shields/utility energy preset, R to engine battery, and T, F, Z, X, C to your commonly used abilities and.

Do that and I guarantee you won't be a "clicker" any more or have to take your eyes off the screen (which is actually where you are failing) and begin to survive these encounters. Go further by assigning other abilities directly to F1, F2, F3, F4 and everything is within range; within a week or so it will be second nature.

Overall, from playing both sides, everything actually feels pretty balanced. The difference is that feds tend to not work together, whereas Klinks do, and it shows.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-03-2010, 03:31 PM
Another Whine Post omfg.......................