Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
02-03-2010, 03:34 PM
@OP Your playing in t2 PvP. The klingons can choose between 1. An escort, 2 An escort. Go ask your team mates why they all have Cannons fitted to there escorts.

One day we'll have a t2 cruiser tho, but by then you'll be in t3+ and realise how little these cannons tickle you (if you work out our to setup properly anyway... if not i dare so you'll be back)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
02-03-2010, 03:38 PM
On the contrary, Fed shields are over powered and over used.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
02-03-2010, 03:42 PM
Kdf are all in escorts because until t3 , THATS ALL WE HAVE . The only t1 ship we get is a BoP , t2 we get a BoP and a raptor , both are escorts. as to cannons , its what they give us on the ships and what seems to work best with our maneuverability . So why not use what works for us ?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
02-03-2010, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
Actually, with all due respect to my kdf counterparts - rapid fire permits you to fire all cannons at the same time, or did in OB and I don't think they changed that, and it applies to turrets.

Two forward plasma cannons, RF and quant torps. That really is a crapload of burst damage. If someone isn't fast they are going to soak 6k-10k of damage from a -single- enemy within 10 seconds unless they keep their shields up.

That's where the fed perspective is coming from. They are just tired of dying without being able to react.

Before you say "Reverse shield polarity!", remember that's a lt.com skill, and only available on cruisers and is self-buff only. There's a reason why noone goes after the cruisers first in t2.

I object to ignorant arguments on both sides, and some of my kdf counterparts are ignoring the difficulties in pvp on the fed side too. For this game to succeed it needs to be fun for everyone. If it's not, that has to change.
Ive been using rapid fire since lt cmdr 2 , it still has a global cooldown , but each cannon fires 4 times rather then 2 in the same period of time as when it fires 2 without the rapid fire on . We can only dream that someday the devs are stupid enough to remove the global cooldown on cannons when you use rapid fire
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
02-03-2010, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavthena
I dont think Cannons are over used. Over powered? maybe. But you could always grab an escort of our own and place cannons on it. :p



Yeah right. I fly a cruiser as well the "tank" class. ********. The balancing for klingons is more like revenge of the klingons. now the feds are the under powered side.

The klingons can cloak while in battle and dont tell me they cant because I watch them do it and Ive done it as well on my Klingon char. One of our escorts takes forever to bring there shields down on a BoP while our "tank" class must be using paper shields (mk 4 shields).

And YES we were in a group all fighting together and YES we all targeted the same bloody ship.

Looks to me like we have a 10% maybe 20% chance to make 1 kill.

If I sound angery good. But its not at the players its at Cryptic for failing at balancing. Im still wondering how a meranda class can fight a battleship one on one.
Erm... My escort takes out BOPs just nicely, the problem is that they jump on me (that have insane DPS and low defense.. Obvious clever playing... They even try and put some nerf BO power on my engines... so I stand near still)

Still the couple of PvP games Ive had were fun, Feds didnt ball up, Klingons didnt stay cloaked..

The last game was T2, and game ended 15/8 I think, personally had 8 kills to 3 deaths.. Now, Im not exactly super experienced and if Im honest Ill say the Klingon players were most likely betterat PvP, but they lost to the insane gear we Feds were packing.. Even with a couple of them on me, I could tank long enough that my cruiser teammates could drop some heals on me..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
02-03-2010, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentan View Post
It doesn't take much to take notice that all the Klingons are going to excort ships with max heavy cannons, sure you say its just part of the game. How many time you see 5 vs 5 in a battle and the Klingons have 5 kills and Feds have, not even one? I fly engineer in a cruiser because they are the best tank in game right? Why is it I can tank a level 19 dreadnaught, yet I can't even tank a Klingon with full cannon setup for mroe then 10 seconds, it appears he can uncloak and shoot and have me down to hull within 3-4 seconds, not evben enough time to use my abilities most of time and even then my abilities such as hull repair and shield repair do allmost nothing with the 3 cannons continuely hitting me.

If thats not enough proof for u next time look at the report in a pvp match and look at the damages feds roughly 1k-15k damage most of time sometimes a bit more. While the Klingons are 50k-110k damage. The only time that is differnt is when u don't have a group of klingons using all cannons. When they use beams and torpedos it does seem alot more fair, yet i can't even place a mk iv cannon on a cruiser, but they can place 3.
I am not a Klingon, I am Orion and I am also a Science Officer and I drive a Science ship.
But I support my Klingon allies who are ALL running around in Escorts.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
02-03-2010, 04:55 PM
you can complain i whine all u want, i waited long time before making this post and i consider myself one of the best fed pvpers, fact is i notice a huge advantage in flying teir 2 ships for pvp klingons have a huge advantage, they are faster, more agile, more dps, they have cloak, and they have good shields, maybe not the best but enough not to die. do u'r math and u can see that the cannons have a good bit more then just a bit of advantage
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
02-03-2010, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentan View Post
It doesn't take much to take notice that all the Klingons are going to excort ships with max heavy cannons, sure you say its just part of the game. How many time you see 5 vs 5 in a battle and the Klingons have 5 kills and Feds have, not even one? I fly engineer in a cruiser because they are the best tank in game right? Why is it I can tank a level 19 dreadnaught, yet I can't even tank a Klingon with full cannon setup for mroe then 10 seconds, it appears he can uncloak and shoot and have me down to hull within 3-4 seconds, not evben enough time to use my abilities most of time and even then my abilities such as hull repair and shield repair do allmost nothing with the 3 cannons continuely hitting me.

If thats not enough proof for u next time look at the report in a pvp match and look at the damages feds roughly 1k-15k damage most of time sometimes a bit more. While the Klingons are 50k-110k damage. The only time that is differnt is when u don't have a group of klingons using all cannons. When they use beams and torpedos it does seem alot more fair, yet i can't even place a mk iv cannon on a cruiser, but they can place 3.
You are wrong ...... move along now.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
02-03-2010, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentan View Post
you can complain i whine all u want, i waited long time before making this post and i consider myself one of the best fed pvpers, fact is i notice a huge advantage in flying teir 2 ships for pvp klingons have a huge advantage, they are faster, more agile, more dps, they have cloak, and they have good shields, maybe not the best but enough not to die. do u'r math and u can see that the cannons have a good bit more then just a bit of advantage
I lol'd

Wait till FvF and you get to fight some of the best fed pvp'ers - you'll see what advantages your ships have when used right and realise why most of these threads devolve rather quickly to L2P.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
02-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentan View Post
you can complain i whine all u want, i waited long time before making this post and i consider myself one of the best fed pvpers, fact is i notice a huge advantage in flying teir 2 ships for pvp klingons have a huge advantage, they are faster, more agile, more dps, they have cloak, and they have good shields, maybe not the best but enough not to die. do u'r math and u can see that the cannons have a good bit more then just a bit of advantage
Other Feds don't have a problem owning Klingons I assure you. I lose as many as I win.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:27 AM.