Lt. Commander
# 1 Transferring BOFFs (and XP)
02-03-2010, 11:58 AM
Well since I've had to start my character again, as I was not able to get Joined Trill at Headstart, I was hoping that I might be able to transfer as much from my headstart character to my Launch character.

So I've transferred my equipment and cash. My questions are

1) How (or can) I transfer my BOFFs?

2) Cryptic, I think it would only be fair to allow ua to transfer the xp we acquired too. Otherwise the headstart was meaningless. To make that fair you could always tick off the completed missions so they cannot be farmed again
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akril View Post

1) How (or can) I transfer my BOFFs?

2) Cryptic, I think it would only be fair to allow ua to transfer the xp we acquired too. Otherwise the headstart was meaningless. To make that fair you could always tick off the completed missions so they cannot be farmed again
1) Im not sure if you can, but even if you can remember you cant have boff who are of a higher rank than you - thus if you promoted any of the boff they wouldnt be usable by the new character anyway.

2) You knew this from the start - so why are you shocked this has happened. You wont be able to transfer the xp.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidel View Post
2) You knew this from the start - so why are you shocked this has happened. You wont be able to transfer the xp.
I'm intrigued as to how you can read my mind. Incidentally I knew no such thing. If you had advanced warning, I'd be interested to know where you got it from.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 12:33 PM
Quote:
I'm intrigued as to how you can read my mind. Incidentally I knew no such thing. If you had advanced warning, I'd be interested to know where you got it from.
Well, you've been on this thread for months. This has been discussed for months. Unless you were intentionally not reading ANY of the QQ threads on the joined trill AND intentionally did not read the preorder FAQ AND intentionally didn't read the dev tracker posts on it, then you knew about this.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Well...

It's logic.

You started a non-Joined Trill character and leveled that. That indicates either that you didn't want a joined trill or that you knew you couldn't create a joined trill at that point but wanted to play anyway. Since you obviously want a joined trill, option B is the only possible one left.

You knew that you couldn't create a joined trill but wanted to play anyway.

Don't blame Cryptic for your not getting an answer to XP transfer prior to doing that.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetyNine
Well...

It's logic.

You started a non-Joined Trill character and leveled that. That indicates either that you didn't want a joined trill or that you knew you couldn't create a joined trill at that point but wanted to play anyway. Since you obviously want a joined trill, option B is the only possible one left.

You knew that you couldn't create a joined trill but wanted to play anyway.

Don't blame Cryptic for your not getting an answer to XP transfer prior to doing that.
Ironic. You use the word logic, without actually knowing what it means.

- I did not know when I purchased the product that the headstart and pre-order bonuses would not be given together. Cryptic and the retailers were obliged (and speaking as a lawyer, legally obliged) to inform you when you placed the order.

- When I played the game from headstart I knew. I had two choices. (a) not play at all. That would be a complete waste of the headstart I paid for. (b) Play and level a character that I knew I would have to abandon on launch. That was only a 90% waste of the headstart I paid for.

So, since I was left with an unfair choice AND it wouldn't take much for Cryptic to put that right, its a fair request.

Now... if someone makes a request, and it does not affect you, then (and in the interest of remaining politice) mind your own business. Otherwise its just Flaming/ Trolling/ Spamming.

Fanboys can break forum rules too.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Ironic. You use the word logic, without actually knowing what it means.

- I did not know when I purchased the product that the headstart and pre-order bonuses would not be given together. Cryptic and the retailers were obliged (and speaking as a lawyer, legally obliged) to inform you when you placed the order.

- When I played the game from headstart I knew. I had two choices. (a) not play at all. That would be a complete waste of the headstart I paid for. (b) Play and level a character that I knew I would have to abandon on launch. That was only a 90% waste of the headstart I paid for.

So, since I was left with an unfair choice AND it wouldn't take much for Cryptic to put that right, its a fair request.

Now... if someone makes a request, and it does not affect you, then (and in the interest of remaining politice) mind your own business. Otherwise its just Flaming/ Trolling/ Spamming.

Fanboys can break forum rules too.
lol. Open forum, my business. Try PMing a mod with your request next time.

And, stop twisting the facts. You knew at the point when headstart began that you didn't have access to your Trill. You chose to play anyway. Now you want a retroactive fix applied, which you decided to wait until you got your trill to ask for.

Also, speaking as someone who pretends to be a lawyer all the time, stop pretending to be a lawyer. You're giving us pretend lawyers a bad name. Cryptic didn't have any legal obligation to expand on the terms of purchase to fill in your lack of clarity. Pre-orders got bonus items and headstart. If you wanted to make sure they got the bonus items in headstart, you should have brought that up prior to entering into the purchase contract.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 01:14 PM
Quote:
- I did not know when I purchased the product that the headstart and pre-order bonuses would not be given together. Cryptic and the retailers were obliged (and speaking as a lawyer, legally obliged) to inform you when you placed the order..
Oh looky here...

http://www.startrekonline.com/preorder-faq

Thats the pre-order FAQ which was proudly displayed on the STO front page all through closed and open beta.

Q: Will I receive my retailer exclusives during the Head Start?

A: No. The exclusives are tied to the retail product, not to the preorder key. In other words, you’ll need to purchase the full version of the game and input that key.

There we go - they told you and everyone else WAY inadvance that you werent going to be able to do this.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-03-2010, 01:16 PM
AFAIK you can only trade/mail BOs that haven't been commissioned yet. Sorry. If anyone else knows different...my bad. :p
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-03-2010, 01:25 PM
What I want to know is how did you transfer your energy credits. I haven't been able to do that yet.

P.S. Sorry for the hijack..