Lieutenant
I am creating missions where the player is mainly fighting dominion ships and obviously a miranda class just wont cut it... and I want to play the missions through realistically, not just click 'kill target'. Is there any way i can change my ship while testing foundry missions?
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
02-11-2014, 01:05 PM
It is possible to level your Foundry test character. When you hit test map on say a space map, you can warp out and play regular missions for XP and once you hit 10 or 11 you can do doff missions.

You can also claim any c-store ships you may have bought. My test character is flying an NX class.

Realistically though I do not recommend testing combat balance in map testing mode because of things like BOFF and NPC pathing (which is not calculated until publish) and a bug where sometimes enemy npcs teleport to 0,0,0 coordinates. Best bet right now is to publish a test version and run it on your regular game characters to test combat.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Captain
# 3
02-12-2014, 08:23 AM
And if you do test with a test publish, I recommend against using your minmaxed PVE ship for testing combat balance because it will skew the results towards "too easy".

For my tests and reviews, I dug my T4 Galaxy-class USS Bajor out of mothballs and fitted it with a budget build. No weapons higher than Mk 10, no gear better than blue (apart from the freebie Obelisk warp core), phaser arrays, and quantum torpedoes.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer