Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Crashing from a Corrupt pig file
02-03-2014, 10:14 AM
I was just trying to guess which present box the little Q was in at Starfleet Academy the last time the game crashed.
I'll spare you the details of why/how I've downloaded the entire game 5 times in the past week because it kept saying I needed to patch over 8GB every time I finished patching 8GB and tried to login...and just tell you what error it's giving me now.

I received the message below numerous times and have not been able to stay on for
more than 10 minutes, and usually get booted after what seems like about 5 seconds.
Fatal Error: Corrupt pig file detected:
Technical Details: Corrupt pig file detected: ./piggs/texture3.hogg:
Texture_Library/Costumes/Avatars/Romulan/M_Wristattachl/Romulan_Fed_01_E.Wtex:

I tried deleting the .hogg that was having the problem, and downloading it all over again, since I apparently can't patch the corrupt file otherwise, and force verify doesn't seem to think anything's wrong with any of my files.
It didn't help.
I tried restoring an old copy from my EXHDD, and patching again...it didn't help.
I can get into the game, but then it immediately crashes with the above error message.

I'd appreciate some support on this matter than can help me to resolve this issue.
Thank you.
Career Officer
# 2
02-03-2014, 01:28 PM
You're just looking at the symptoms while ignoring the actual cause here...

What you need to do is to track down what is causing the file corruption to begin with, as many things can cause this... such as...
  • Hard Disk getting ready to die!
  • Loose card or cable connection.
  • RAM going bad.
  • Performance RAM that is under-volted. (Many Performance RAM sets need 1.65 Volts, which is more then the default 1.5 Volts that motherboards supply)
  • Over-Heated System
  • Power Supply going bad.
  • etc. etc.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
08-10-2014, 07:36 AM
You were wrong on all counts, and it actually WAS a problem with that patching of that specific file from the server at that time.
Could someone, please, just delete this now necro thread, since we don't have the ability to delete anything we post...at all?

P.S. It actually did take me this long to even have a chance to reply because the aforementioned issue gave me such trouble that I quit playing, and have been busy with getting ready for Elder Scrolls Online, and then playing Elder Scrolls Online while I waited for another big STO release that I was sure would fix the issue I was having...and it did.
Stay shiny ;-)

Last edited by xandercorvus; 08-10-2014 at 07:38 AM.
Community Moderator
# 4
08-10-2014, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xandercorvus View Post
You were wrong on all counts, and it actually WAS a problem with that patching of that specific file from the server at that time.
Could someone, please, just delete this now necro thread, since we don't have the ability to delete anything we post...at all?

P.S. It actually did take me this long to even have a chance to reply because the aforementioned issue gave me such trouble that I quit playing, and have been busy with getting ready for Elder Scrolls Online, and then playing Elder Scrolls Online while I waited for another big STO release that I was sure would fix the issue I was having...and it did.
Stay shiny ;-)
Uh...if you know it's a necro why did you reply to it which is against the rules?

/closed
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Closed Thread