Lt. Commander
# 1 Anti-Borg Weapons ?
05-21-2013, 12:32 AM
I state that I have not seen the latest updates yet.
But i was wondering why there are no space weapons obtainable from the Omega Rep Store.

New Romulus Rep has Romulan Plasma Weapons...
Omega Rep should have Anti-Borg Weapons, or at least some new Borg Weapons like Borg Plasma Cannons etc...
Survivor of Remus
# 2
05-21-2013, 02:23 AM
They removed those when the new rep system came in because they actually didn't work properly. The Proc only worked on some borg things not all. For the most part the fleet items or the Romulan weapons have better stats than the old anti borg stuff anyway.
Empire Veteran
# 3
05-21-2013, 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbommx1 View Post
They removed those when the new rep system came in because they actually didn't work properly. The Proc only worked on some borg things not all. For the most part the fleet items or the Romulan weapons have better stats than the old anti borg stuff anyway.
That is true but the OP's question still is valid. Why not put out something new? Like repurposed Borg Plasma weapons the way we are getting Romulan and Tholian weapons. Basically like the cutting beam and OMEGA Torp but for energy weapons.

It might be a fun time to introduce Heavy Single Cannons LOL. The Borg seem to use them.
Captain
# 4
05-21-2013, 03:01 AM
They should give us AP wepons with a proc that works against all targets.
2.5% chance to do kinetic damage or somesuch.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-21-2013, 03:56 AM
I prefer to be allowed to use more then 1 Kinetic Cutting Beam, 3 dual beam and omega torp in front, 4 KCB in the back... Or 4 KCB both front and back...
Empire Veteran
# 6
05-21-2013, 05:31 AM
Dual Beam Arrays would be another neat thing they could add to Omega Reputation. I would certainly grab some, provided they have different types out. especially if they included some Spiral Waves, Polarized Disruptors etc to the list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Captain
# 7
05-21-2013, 05:37 AM
A Borg Console that boosts Kinetic damage. This could be used with the cutting beam or the Ferengi swarm missles or any Torp that needs a boost. This game has been missing a console that gives a flat boost to Kinetic damage. We have consoles that boost everything else, why not this?
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-21-2013, 07:17 AM
IMO, it would be best to fix and reincorporate the anti-Borg AP weapons and add some anti-borg consoles. To be fair, I think the stats for these weapons should be comparable to the Rom-Rep XI and XII weapons with the [borg] proc as well as 2 others. Consoles should offer Plasma/assimilation/shield-neutralizer resist (sci/eng) and/or increased damage against borg ships (tac).

Prices should also be comparable to Rom and Tholian rep stores.
Light Speed! - No, light speed is too slow. We need LUDICROUS SPEED!

Ajma420 - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Federation
Catherine The Great - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Empire
Vladimir - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Rihannsu Empire
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-21-2013, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticmsfc View Post
Dual Beam Arrays would be another neat thing they could add to Omega Reputation. I would certainly grab some, provided they have different types out. especially if they included some Spiral Waves, Polarized Disruptors etc to the list.
Spiral Waves will never get added to a rep, as they're unique to a ship. I wouldn't mind seeing some other weapon types, but really, there isn't much need, considering fleet weapons, hybrid weapon packs, etc. I much prefer the ability to buy the stuff off the exchange instead of forking out dil in a rep project.
Commander
# 10
05-21-2013, 08:43 AM
I still have my mk XII anti borg weapons and they are junk. The stats are more compairable with a mk X maybe XI similar weapon and as far as the borg part, yeah there's that 1 or 2% chance of doing about 1000 radiation damage to a borg ship. It would be nice if they brought them back in the game, maybe as a Omega store unlock item like the ground weapons but the stats would need some improvement.