Lt. Commander
# 1 Deep space Encounters
02-03-2010, 01:15 PM
You really need to do some thing about the deep space encounters, if you think randomly throwing people into a gangfest is enjoyable you are badly mistaken. All you succeed in doing is getting people to avoid them like the plague. You take something that can be a very enjoyable part of the game, and turn it into an aggravating part of the game. Dont understand your reasoning for doing such a thing. If you have a reason I would be happy to hear it as maybe I'm just looking at it wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eychimo View Post
You really need to do some thing about the deep space encounters, if you think randomly throwing people into a gangfest is enjoyable you are badly mistaken.
It's far from random, the signal contact will approach you and pull you in. I've only been pulled in once involuntarily and that's because I was afk. Other than that I have not had problem navigating the sector map and getting where I want to go.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 01:41 PM
It is the only thing in the game that actually makes you feel like the Klingons and the Federation are at war. Also in any other MMO you will be constantly harassed by random monsters if you just AFK across a map.

Hell you can still AFK across sector space you just need to fly up to the ceiling and the chance of a contact engaging you is near zero.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 01:52 PM
Exactly - there's no excuse for a SINGLE signal contact suddenly becoming a half thousand ships that you can't fight. And then not giving any rewards for fighting the ones you can!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 01:56 PM
I agree. I'd appreciate not having a capital ship, 2 cruisers and 3 birds of prey shooting at me when I am still "warping in" and have no control over my ship until that stupid tiny warping in cutscene is done.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixboox View Post
Exactly - there's no excuse for a SINGLE signal contact suddenly becoming a half thousand ships that you can't fight. And then not giving any rewards for fighting the ones you can!
Warp out or jump to an instance with people in it. Instance hopping "defend" missions is obscenely good XP. As in "I shaved 10 hours off my time to LtC from OB obscene".