Lt. Commander
# 1 Feedback: I Love This Game.
02-03-2010, 12:20 PM
I honestly think that its gonna be so much money well spent and if everyone sees through any issues all things would prove well worth it in the end. Limited man hours within cryptic does mean that I've had to stretch on the internet search to get the answers I needed.

I don't farm, speed level through open missions. On every ground map I like to black out every last sun o' a beach. I take my time to see all the game there is on it rather than lvl thru by repeating open mishes to get to the end and then complain about lack of end content like a tool. I like to soak up more.. but (and I say this but as with my current knowledge that I could be talking toffee apples) :

I just wondering, in space when we target something can they be more notice-able? I doubt its my eyes but I can barely see what I am shooting at when in the thick of things.

I love the ground combat rolling, I've been good with it but I'd like to be able to be really clever with it but the times in between each roll are long which is okay in a way but its unrealistic. I like realism. Sure after one roll the enemies can second guess you better and so I'd like to see less stop and pose times between rolls and perhaps with each roll less chance to evade. I make such good use of it but it could get way cooler.

People may disagree but, I love the chances of friendly fire. This can be a solo thing as for some reason with teaming there is a call to avoid it. As a bad player you could be your own Bridge officers worst enemy or, they could be yours..I don't know if other people would go for that playing around players but for me solo with the NPC away team, to have to think proper sooner, would be sweeter. My attacks could not only be hurting my team mates but also my position could be limiting them from doing what they would rather do and so playing to their full effectiveness. That may make the endgame that's hard yet fun to complete, or then again with some people easy but slow, but put time limits on missions that we say can volunteer as hard mode and we v busy.

I see enormous potential with combat mechanics so far and a subscription game should get better and better as time goes on so am looking forward to what transpires. Trying to do something that is fun, balanced and brings us all together within the spirit of gaming is well 'ard. I got patience.

I did have lots of other suggestions but I been drinking too much. They'll come to me as I play on.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 12:33 PM
i give it 2 more weeks
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 12:41 PM
Then all the people who are obnoxious would of gone and we have sweet harmony on the forums.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 12:43 PM
I'd be enjoying the game if was just little bit harder. Especially ground combat, I haven't died once in away missions yet.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 12:53 PM
i have never trained any ground skills, I am level 18 with a Mk2 rifle, i just have every one in my away team use AOE and everything dies in just a few seconds. Ground is pretty fail in this game. And I'm not saying space is not.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 01:02 PM
They've got a good foundation to work from...much better than most MMOs at launch. Sure, there are bugs and balance issues. Sure, they should have stayed in Open Beta another 3-4 months and worked that stuff out.

But unless Atari yanks the developers away from the project (which happens sometimes after launch), they should be able to polish the heck out of the game now.

I was extremely skeptical during the first days of Head Start, but the stability has increased and once I hit Lt. Cmdr., the content and fun level has risen dramatically.

I'm sticking. At least for a month to see how things go. I'm definitely having fun right now.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 01:09 PM
i just dont like the feeling of doing things that are 2nd best. what i mean is that yea you can go fly 15 minutes to some area to do some quest.. but you could have got way more xp if you repeat a different quest 5x. Basically if you were going to the store, 99% of the time you will drive there if you had the option, why would you walk ? enjoy the scenery? meh. not for me.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 01:16 PM
The game is good...

Your resident thread troll is a bored power-leveler... probably used one of the many ways a person can sit there hitting the space bar stoned for three hours and get levels... I would say his problem is that he has an over-developed sense of self... and thinks it should all be about stopping him from doing redundant things.... rather than him actually playing the game...

You can tell by the need to justify his "it's all so easy because I'm awesome" meme...
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-03-2010, 02:20 PM
or perhaps "he" is a casual gamer that only has a few hours at most per day to play, and when those few hours are of the same game play over and over again, it becomes tedius and not fun at all. hmmmm. not 1 other mmo comes to mind that has 60 levels and 3 quests that just scale with level. "he" could also argue the lack of "mm" in "mmorpg". This game was rushed to release on time because cryptic got a 20 million bonus for releasing on time. It's true. Look it up. Can you honestly say that this game can hold your attention for more than a few months? Please explain to me what you will be doing once your done leveling. Explore? craft? instances? hmmmm....
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilsandwich View Post
Can you honestly say that this game can hold your attention for more than a few months?
WoW can't hold my attention for more then the few months it takes me to burn through all the content in an Xpac. Longest I have ever played an MMO straight was a year and a half of EvE.