Lt. Commander
# 51
02-03-2010, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanuck
I have been De-Cloaked multiple times at 8+ Km, but i guess that doesn't count as cloak detection.....

I like the statement of why should the feds have to give up a single BO skill slot for MES, but Klinks already give up multiple BO skills for cloak, just to clarify it for you Rath we have one less BO on the BoP so that is multiple BO skills we dont get for having cloak.

guess what else we get witht our OP cloak...... we get the provilage of less hull and much much less shields and the oh so happy fun time of give feds free shots at your hull while cloaking, oh and you cant forget the delay we get to deal with when uncloaking before we can fire.

Feds always get the first shot and they always get to focus fire the first Klink to uncloak.

we get to chose when you get the first shot.
Which is clearly broken due to auto fire issues that need to be turned off for the game..too easy to afk farm and otherwise autopilot through all..
Lt. Commander
# 52
02-03-2010, 11:38 PM
To be honest I don't see anything wrong with Klingon cloaking.

And there are already plenty of ways to detect it. Check the science Bridge Officer powers, in addition to your science vessel and AUX.

If/when a playable Romulan faction gets added to the game, then I will probably favour a slight tweaking to favour Romulan stealth over Klingon stealth.

(FYI not all Feds think the system is too hard or broken. Still looking for properly populated arenas though.)
Lt. Commander
# 53
02-04-2010, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothnang
The only one who will quit is all you noob Smugons who don't see the nerf coming till one day they will have to compete on a level playing field and see just how fail they are.
if the playign field was lvl then the klingosn win % would go up as it is we still manage to win close to 50% of the time even with our disadvantages.
Lt. Commander
# 54
02-04-2010, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by troggbl View Post
on grid should be the maximum you can scan, and that should be a maxed out power. No klingon hovers within 10km usually, so an active power should be usable on a point in space and have a sphere that scales with skills, consoles etc.

In KvK with just 50% Aux i seem to see the other team find within 4k (of couse i dont know how many i'm not seeing) So a sci ship at full aux in t2 should have a very good chance passively to see them within 6km, t3 7km t4, 8km t5, 9km.
a Sci ship with the right skills and power into aux can actually see a cloaked ship at 10k when he scans now
Lt. Commander
# 55
02-04-2010, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulbringer9 View Post
I just want to know why cloaking was so easy for kirk to spot in the mmovies and series, but here in this game the feds can't easily spot them? I always thought cloaking was stupid because of watching star trek. Here in this game it is a pain in the as~~~.
actually it was not easy for kirk to spot. If you recall only one they new a ship was out there could the actually look for an anomolly so small they woudl miss it otherwise. Even then they had a very very small chance when firing torps in a spread to detonate over a wide area to hit the cloaked ship and unless the managed to damage soemthign effectign their ability to cloak the ship remained cloaked.
Lt. Commander
# 56
02-04-2010, 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothnang
When something is too powerful the only solution is to make it less powerful.

You simply cannot have a good, fun game where offensive and defensive roles are not based on strategy or skill, but a default that is hammered home by making one faction completely unattackable unless they want to attack.
except they are based on stratedy and skill here you just refuse to see that. As i have said alogn with others. Ask aroudn on the FED side about what you are doing wrong and how you should be playing. You would be surprised at how many good pvpers are willing to talk and teach someone who really wants to learn as oppossed to one who just complains alot.. It is the same on our side I know our house got ride fo people who were alwasy screaming and whinning about how OP the FEDs were and are as oppossed to those who went out and tried different skills and tactics to find ones that worked.
Lt. Commander
# 57
02-04-2010, 02:32 AM
I'm so looking forward to klink vs fed vs romulan scenarios

As far as this thread is concerned: i have seen the pendulum swing in either direction totally based on the actual level of players.

a Commander 9 will have moar stuff than a commander 1.

Its a basic truth:

My super quest shield and weapons will blow your stock crap outa the water. So do my more advanced skills.

THAT is where we need to start balancing.
A commander 1 vs a commander 9, the com 9 will most likely win. Its not the rule but still a valid reason why you often see such discrepancys.
Lt. Commander
# 58
02-04-2010, 03:12 AM
Cloak is fine as it is..beside on T4+ you will see only enginner piloted battlecruisers in klingon premades, extending shields on each other.
Lt. Commander
# 59
02-04-2010, 04:16 AM
typical complaint of the tactical officer. Try a Sci career, boost your AUX power, and BAM, you decloak everything within a 10-11km radius.... next time when you group with a sci officer, let him know AUX power is important.....
Lt. Commander
# 60
02-04-2010, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcubed
typical complaint of the tactical officer. Try a Sci career, boost your AUX power, and BAM, you decloak everything within a 10-11km radius.... next time when you group with a sci officer, let him know AUX power is important.....
*ruh roh rorge someone read the fing manual*