Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
I joined a fleet during head start weekend (which might be the problem), first day fleet chat was down and it said "YOu're not in a fleet" (despite me being able to see them all on the "who's online" screen)

Today fleet chat is back up (so says the people i privately sent tells to), but I still can't see fleet chat or type in it ("You're not a member of a fleet"). Is this a known bug?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 11:04 PM
The ability to use Fleet chat is a permission that can be granted or revoked from Fleet ranks.

Whatever rank you have, must not have the permission to use Fleet chat.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 12:17 AM
Fleet rank permissions are bugged and the fleet admin probley was fooling with the permission settings and turned it off by accident.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty Tavs
Fleet rank permissions are bugged and the fleet admin probley was fooling with the permission settings and turned it off by accident.
Fleet rank permissions are working correctly. Their display is bugged, so it appears as if permissions are being assigned to all ranks when really they are being changed for the current rank only.

The workaround is:
-change the settings for a rank, then switch tabs (e.g., click on Fleet Uniforms, then click back again to Fleet Settings) to see the changes to the rank you just changed
-click on another rank, switch tabs and switch back to see this rank's settings
-repeat for all

The same is true for Chat Settings and Fleet Bank Configure Tab.