Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway
Login

Lt. Commander
Back in Open Beta I was able to set an option for it to prompt me to select which instance I wanted every time I changed instance.

Now, since early head start, I can't seem to find that setting. Anyone able to point me to that setting, or did they take it away??

It was handy because it gave you number of fellow fleet members in each instance, so it was nice to get the list each time, so I could pick the instance where most of my fleet mates are, ya know....

I agree it shouldn't be the default, but it'd be nice to have the option.

If this catches the Dev's eyes, please consider putting the option back...
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 01:10 PM
As far as I can tell they took it away.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 01:20 PM
They took away the window that always pops up once they fixed the instance bug where you couldnt load into a map due to that instance filling up before you got in.

I am glad its gone but if people really wanted it they could add in an option to let you show it if you want to.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 02:07 PM
I am actually looking for this same thing, or at least to know the / command for it!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 02:13 PM
You can still change instances by clicking the instance name at the top of the minimap (or in the main map) but it just no longer prompts you when you zone from one to another. I guess if you where trying to meet someone in a specific instance # that would be useful.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 03:59 PM
I was wondering about that myself.. I been looking for it since the release. Well did they fix the bug, if you are group with a team, all the team will automatically goes into the same instance?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 04:37 PM
It was handy because it gave you number of fellow fleet members in each instance, so it was nice to get the list each time, so I could pick the instance where most of my fleet mates are, ya know....

I agree it shouldn't be the default, but it'd be nice to have the option.

If this catches the Dev's eyes, please consider putting the option back...
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 06:01 PM
I am also surprised that this was removed. I hope it's temporary. I guess i'll bug it in game just to see what the official word is.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-04-2010, 09:36 PM
I guess this was indeed just a beta thing. Instance hopping could almost be a cheat to zone into a defend sector mission and find one that was started to avoid waiting for 5 minutes or even one half done. If you wanna meet up with a friend then form a team. If the feature is still there but hidden then great but I can see why they might want to remove this visibly, transition from one instance to another should be seamless. How many other MMO's out there have you seen where you can choose which instance number you can zone into?
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-05-2010, 10:06 AM
Bump, hoping to catch a developer's attention....