Lt. Commander
# 1 Lots of Mythology
02-03-2010, 12:57 PM
First off, let me say that I currently am a level 24 KDF player, I played to 23 KDF in OB and played fed to 16.

That being said, I've seen a huge of amount of people, particularly feds stating things as fact that are completely erroneous both on these forums and in game during pvp matches.

To list a few I've seen complaints that Klingon ships have more hp when, in fact the opposite is true.

A recurring thing mentioned are these mythical buffs klingons received since OB when apart from being given free mk II gear in tier 1, there haven't been any.

I've seen feds complain that Klingons get an innate damage modifier in ground pvp that gives us an edge when this is quite clearly not true considering both my experience, the experience of my entire fleet, and the damage done values in even matches are roughly indentical between factions.

These are just a few examples of the misinformation about the klingon faction I have seen voiced as fact by federation players and I am not sure if this is the cause of all the complaining about pvp imbalance or if the perceived pvp imbalance is causing all of these myths in order for feds to rationalize why they lose to klingons.

The purpose of my post is not to insult federation players, or call them idiots, but to draw attention to the incorrect information about pvp floating around out there.

Feel free to post any other examples of blatantly false things about Klingons or Federation gear / skills / ships etc that any of you have seen.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Yeah, I got a long rant from a guy after a ground pvp action who went off on me because I was the top damage dealer in pvp, and all the top guys were klingon.

He was asking me why would they bother to put pvp in, if the klingons are tougher and have a damage bonus in pvp - I asked him what he was talking about and he said that his shots do 12 damage and klingons shots do 120 damage...

I told him he needed to replace his weapons, and that he should be crouching and shooting flanking shots - none of which he knew, but he got really upset with me for explaining this stuff.

I think this game has a huge number of wow players who came in from being uber in wow, and they are just utter scrubs here but they assume that they should be somebody. They refuse to learn because they don't want to appear as newbs, but they are frustrated and failing.

At one point he said he wanted to use dual disrupters, and I said that he needed to use a split-fire phaser rifle. He said that if he had to use specific weapons to pvp, he was just going to quit. I told him "well, you can roleplay all the way to failure - but I'm trying to explain how to win."

I just don't know what to say.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 01:18 PM
It's easier to make stuff up and believe lies about the other side than it is to accept that your loss is your fault for not playing/executing properly.

"I lost because Klinks are OP because their ships are better than ours because they have an inherent +100% damage buff to cannons" is easier than "I lost because I don't understand BO abilities, don't understand energy levels, and don't work as a team with the other Feds"
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 01:36 PM
Hell, some Fed whines to me about all this stuff, I just say either of two things. petaQ or toDSaH. I mean why bother anymore? Their glasses of whine are filled to the brim.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 04:00 PM
A little knowledge goes a long way, maybe these forums will eventually clean themselves up a bit as people start acctually investigating mechanics and what not. Or people will ignore information that conflicts with their concept on "how things are" and continue to call for nerfs.