Lt. Commander
STARSHIP: should look more like STARTREK BRIDGE COMMANDER, but better.

I feel that the hole starship flying in STO is destroying the startrek univers, its just a simpel shootém up. It would be much better if it was like STARTREK BRIDGE COMMANDER, and if warping from place to place took a little longer so that while the ship was undertway you could walk around in your star ship, and fx use the holo deck as an simulator to train your character in both ground combat and starship combat( real starship flying, not just shootém up) .

In general the hole starship module in STO is pooly made and could as well have been an arcade machine game.

GROUND: Should look more like STARTREK TNG , Final unity.

the ground module in the game is ok, but needs more puzzle, not just shoot and kill, but sometime it could be brainactivity that could win the game, quests, something that wasent over in 10 min.

Its should be so that yoy could bue houses to live in like in the real world, so that STO could be at REAL startrek iúnivers where trekkies could live Virtual in. more like fx Starwars, but NOT like starwars, because it allso is just shoot and kill.

oveall from 0 to 10. STO gets 3, because the makers killed the real startrek feeling, its just not in the game, i hope its just at starting faze... come on lads, make os feel like startrek.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 02:06 PM
I would give it much more than three, but then again I was raised on the pulp action of a swaggering Kirk, not the politically correct fembots of TNG.

What you are looking for is a simulation. That would be an interesting approach to an MMO. It may not be a very viable option from a marketing perspective, but it sure would be interesting.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DacoSiar View Post
STARSHIP: should look more like STARTREK BRIDGE COMMANDER, but better.

I feel that the hole starship flying in STO is destroying the startrek univers, its just a simpel shootém up. It would be much better if it was like STARTREK BRIDGE COMMANDER, and if warping from place to place took a little longer so that while the ship was undertway you could walk around in your star ship, and fx use the holo deck as an simulator to train your character in both ground combat and starship combat( real starship flying, not just shootém up) .

In general the hole starship module in STO is pooly made and could as well have been an arcade machine game.

GROUND: Should look more like STARTREK TNG , Final unity.

the ground module in the game is ok, but needs more puzzle, not just shoot and kill, but sometime it could be brainactivity that could win the game, quests, something that wasent over in 10 min.

Its should be so that yoy could bue houses to live in like in the real world, so that STO could be at REAL startrek iúnivers where trekkies could live Virtual in. more like fx Starwars, but NOT like starwars, because it allso is just shoot and kill.

oveall from 0 to 10. STO gets 3, because the makers killed the real startrek feeling, its just not in the game, i hope its just at starting faze... come on lads, make os feel like startrek.
hang in there it is still in it its infancy this game will evolve more and more. i like the idea of the holo dec and if we share/create holo programs that would be kinda cool like they do in the shows

klingon content is only halfway romulan and cardasian have not even been added.

they need to make the game more player driven then game driven

more about fun less about grinding iot lvl

the graphics i think are pretty sweet, they could use some more deverse missioning systems. and an alignment system off some type.

the ship combat is what i really love i think its great they added the arcs. and can be a bit difficult to get used too.

if you have mission script ideas i am pretty sure the devs would love a post with the idea they pretty busy thats probably why the mission content is a little lacking.

wormholing in eve online was really pressed by the players cause they were so sick of spamming the same 5-6 missions over and over it also lead to epic arcs that were kinda fun