Lt. Commander
# 1 The Science Healer Vessel
02-03-2010, 01:08 PM
Hi all Science Officers out there,

I wanna be a healer in my science vessel and thought I open a discussion here how to do it best. I would like to start with 3 abilites of t2 science ship I use so far and my experince with it.

1. Sciecen Team I
It regenarte shields instantly for 1100 EACH SIDE. That makes 4400 heal. That is more than the higher level heal shield stenght II. What I dont know so far is, if 3 sides have full shields does it heal 4400 to the weak side ? Anyone ever seen it ??
So far my xp with it is...MEGA COOL. It needs no aux power, reasonable CD and gives nice anti dmg buff too.

2.Hazard Emitter I
This heals the hull only and in a HOT (heal over time) mode. It also gives a anti dmg buff. It also needs no aux power to work. Together with Science Team it is an amazing mix of def buffs and overall heal.

3. Tranfer Shield Strenght II
This so mega sucks. It heal heavily depends on aux power and even with highest setting it heals liek 1400 to all sides only. Therefore it is kinda even with the Sciecne Team I in my opinion but has the aux power disadvantage.

As u can see I love the first 2 abilites but think the 3rd even though it is the highest heala bility available for t2 ships sucks MEGA. I would like to hear your opinions about it.

PS: I just have checked if Science Team I uses its 1100 each side also for 1 side with 2000 or 3000 and so on. It seems that does not work.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 01:14 PM
Wow, I didnt know Science Team 1 was actually that good. Ive been sticking with tachyon beam since closed beta but ive noticed that I needed to have a pretty high AUX for it to be effective
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 01:30 PM
Well, Transfer Shield Strength is the only one that you can use on an ally. I think it needs a shorter cool down to be more useful.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 01:32 PM
yea I think if u use 2 abilites without and 1 with aux power needed it is kinda waste of energy. So in my setup it seems the transfer shield strength makes no sense. And I also just checked that the other 2 abilites give anti dmg buffs for 20 sec while transfer shield strength gives no buff at all even so it says so in the info :-(

I would be happy if anyone has an idea what ability wihtout aux power is good at Science Lieutnant level. Remeber my goal is heal....mybe support.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnBrokenOne View Post
Wow, I didnt know Science Team 1 was actually that good. Ive been sticking with tachyon beam since closed beta but ive noticed that I needed to have a pretty high AUX for it to be effective
well one bad thing about it, it only heals 1000 each side.So if u wanna heal a tank in pve who tanks lot of damage frontal it might be just average since it is wasting the other 3000 heal on the intact shield sides.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bound2drift View Post
Well, Transfer Shield Strength is the only one that you can use on an ally. I think it needs a shorter cool down to be more useful.
not exactly right. All those 3 abilites I mention can eb used on allies. Even better the Science Team and Hazard Emitter can be used on yourself and allies while the transfer shield strength can only be used on allies.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 01:41 PM
I use Science Team I and I really like it. I was in a big fleet action and I would find a team mate that was on the receiving end of an Alpha strike and heal him as he was on the verge of death. Then I would agro his attackers, drawing them to me, and he could fly off and repair. Science Team I added some depth to space combat. I not only look to set myself up for a good attack but now I scan for allies to help.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 01:42 PM
Science Team also buffs for 30 Seconds. And it's pretty nice buffs too. I know there's a shield damage reduction in there, and the last I saw it was ~11%, which might be based on Aux, cause in OB on my Sci ship it was like 30% reduction, and that had higher Aux power, or maybe they just nerfed it.

Anyhow, while it's heal isn't giant, it makes up for it with the 30 second damage reduction.
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-03-2010, 01:50 PM
Also, this kinda thread should go in the Starfleet Academy forum.