Lt. Commander
# 1 Del Taco Trial Not Working
02-03-2010, 02:13 PM
I gave a friend of mine 2 Del Taco Promotion codes (A & D) so that he could try STO when it launched. Every time he tries to log in it says he has to contact billing and will not let him play. How can he get this fixed? The Del Taco Promotion clearly says he can play for 2 days per code starting the 2nd.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadaim View Post
I gave a friend of mine 2 Del Taco Promotion codes (A & D) so that he could try STO when it launched. Every time he tries to log in it says he has to contact billing and will not let him play. How can he get this fixed? The Del Taco Promotion clearly says he can play for 2 days per code starting the 2nd.
I am pretty sure that the del taco codes were fro redeeming a pet shuttle in your retail game.
I don't recall any talk of free play.There is no trial for this game and beta and headstart are officially over, the game is in retail launch. For your friend to play he has to buy the game.

The Del Taco promotion on this website clearly states that for your code you get an exclusive in game pet and a collectible cup. Nothing more.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 02:28 PM
If you click the "more info" button it clearly lays out the information on the 4 code trial promotion...

How does my free Del Taco promotional time work?
Your Del Taco promotional time is more accurately described as free trial time. That is, it grants you access to the Star Trek Online beta test and it allows you to play Star Trek Online for free after the game launches. Even if you do not own or subscribe to Star Trek Online, each code you redeem (up to one per cup type and four total) will grant your account two days of free trial time. If you redeem a unique code from each of the four exclusive Del Taco cup types, you will get 10 days of free trial time. Free trial time will be applied right when you redeem the code. So, if you redeem one code before our game's launch on February 2, 2010, you'll be able to play Star Trek Online for free until February 4, 2010. If, however, you redeem a code on February 4, 2010, you'll be able to play until February 6, 2010. And, if you redeem all four unique codes on February 4, 2010, you'll be able to play until February 14, 2010. All free trial time expires March 15, 2010.