I would agree to some extent. However, I would like to see some improvements in the following:
1) Death penalty... come on, seriously? My one ship can defeat a fleet of borg because my progress will be saved and i keep coming back again, and again, and again...
2) The game should require more interaction between players.
3) I feel like I'm leveling up too fast.
1) death penalty - some liek it some dont. I always found it to be annoying. I hated EQ because if you face planted you would lose XP could even go back levels. as a casual player I just did not have the time to devout to regaining what I had lost. so put me down in the column for I'm fine as it is.
2)forced grouping - hate it. another reason I've stopped playing most MMO. I dont have the time to sit around "begging" to get a group. as a casual player every one out levels me so I can't keep up with guilds etc.... I also hated having to be in a group and someone goes aFK and everyone has to wait or someone ahs to go to the bank... So Forced grouping is bad.
(I do like grouping. was always a blast when a bunch of friends got to gether and gamed)
Now if that had some things like in COH the task forces. those are ok. Missions that you have to have a group to accomplish are good as long as they are optional.
3) during the closed/open beta people constantly complained that leveling was to slow. I didn't make the out of the miranda in closed beta till the last day (the last hour actually). They tweeked it up a bit. might be a bit to much.