Ensign
# 1 Looking for a LGBT Fleet
02-04-2014, 12:32 PM
I know there are some out there, seen them fly by and all so I am looking to join one. Level 49, shortly 50, Romulan Tactical officer following the federation storyline.

Im looking for friends and people to do multiplayers with but on a casual basis, not on a religious basis.

Let me know.

Drakey
Lieutenant
# 2
02-04-2014, 01:10 PM
I'll keep this pretty short and say if you have the time to check out Starfleet Task Force 1. If it seems like the sort of fleet your looking for you are more than welcome to join. If you have any questions i'm more than happy to answer. We have guys from all over, England, Ireland, US, Canada etc. They are a great bunch of guys and extremely helpful. The Fleet is about 7 months old and we have a second Fed Fleet which is just starting so you could have your choice of which one you want to join. We also have a KDF Fleet, The House of Martok. Anyway, hope to hear back from you and if you want to catch me in game i'm Winters@winters83 or Mar'tok@winters83

Regards,
Winters/Mar'tok
http://www.starfleettaskforce1.com/
Career Officer
# 3
02-04-2014, 01:45 PM
Stonewall Fleet > http://fleet.stonewallgaming.net/ < Fairly big gaming community who are non judgmental, have no requirements other than you have fun.

Just go to the channel with the command /channel_join StonewallFleet and have a natter to the folks who are on and you can see if it's suited for you.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neriz --- Eleven --- S'alesh --- Nizalay and maybe the odd Fed char too.
Defecting from the Federation to the Romulans from May 21st
Ensign
# 4
04-20-2014, 10:55 AM
LGBT of Starfleet 9th Order

http://lgbtstarfleet9.shivtr.com/

We are a Level 16 Fleet of Gay, Lesbian, Bi-sexual, Transgendered & Straight-Ally Trekkers/gamers, with a Tier IV Starbase, a completed Tier III Romulan Embassy and Tier III Dilithium Mine, and our newest holding, a Tier III Fleet Spire. We're a friendly & welcoming fleet that has been around for the last two years, and going strong! We provide a friendly & safe haven for GLBTQ STO members & our straight friends & allies...we don't ask, but you're welcome to tell. If you're interested in joining us, we'd love to have you come along as you go "Star Trekkin' Across the Universe!"

We have membership scattered across the globe - and the quadrants - and our members speak many different languages, although English is the primary. If you'd like to join us, feel free to contact any Senior Officer in our fleet to request an invite.
Captain
# 5
04-20-2014, 12:03 PM
Seriously, i never understood why people feel the need for these special interest groups.

Just join any fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-20-2014, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by questerius View Post
Seriously, i never understood why people feel the need for these special interest groups.

Just join any fleet.
You must not be homosexual then. Lol.
Captain
# 7
04-20-2014, 12:47 PM
Quote:

Just join any fleet.
Discrimination. Pure and simple. Though they're the ones doing the discrimination.

It's one thing to look for a LGBT friendly fleet - nobody wants to join a fleet where they might be harassed...but to join a fleet that excludes folks...it's discrimination, no better than any other.

edit: There are fleets out there that are open - they don't care & they don't discriminate - everybody gets along and those that don't get along move along.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin

Last edited by virusdancer; 04-20-2014 at 12:56 PM.
Lieutenant
# 8
04-20-2014, 01:09 PM
Quote:

Just join any fleet.

Yeah, why would anyone want to hang out with people who share similar interests? /s
Captain
# 9
04-21-2014, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caeloaeturnum View Post
You must not be homosexual then. Lol.
First of all, what does that have to do with anything.

As it happens I'm not homosexual, but i have friends and colleagues who are.
Heck, sometimes i think I'm the only straight man in the lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepopeofbeers View Post
Yeah, why would anyone want to hang out with people who share similar interests? /s
Oh so you automatically share the same interests as someone of the same sexual orientation.

I like art and you like art too then you must be a non-homosexual like me.
I like online gaming... and so forth.

I seriously hope you see just how ignorant that statement is.

Frankly, the only reason i can imagine why LGBT people choose to hang out is because they don't want to be harassed and even then i believe these special interest groups only serve to widen the ghasm.

Sadly there will always be bigotry, but if you want to be accepted then don't hide away.
Lieutenant
# 10
04-21-2014, 12:44 PM
Oh! You have gay friends! Why didn't you say so in the first place? I retract my earlier statement. You're right. You should probably tell your gay friends to stop hanging out with one other. Since there's no reason why they would want to. In fact, they're only hurting themselves by doing so. Don't they want to be accepted? Silly gays. Why aren't they listening to you?

/s

Last edited by thepopeofbeers; 04-21-2014 at 12:46 PM.