Lt. Commander
# 1 Changing Rank Pip on uniform
02-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Hey Folks,

i seem to be having a problem applying the next available rank pip to my characters uniform.

i created my character from the beginning to have the "ensign" pip on the uniform

when i got promoted to Lt, i went to the customize guy at the starbase

i went to the uniform section and dropped down the rank list, found Lt Junior Grade and Lt.

when i try to select either of them, it just forces it back to Ensign, even though i have achieved the rank. So i cannot even select the available Lt ranks to apply the change to the uniform!

Is there something i'm doing wrong? i had this same problem in Beta but assumed it was a bug so didnt think anything of it.

wanted to get some feedback from the community before i bug it in game

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elboulevardo View Post
Hey Folks,

i seem to be having a problem applying the next available rank pip to my characters uniform.

i created my character from the beginning to have the "ensign" pip on the uniform

when i got promoted to Lt, i went to the customize guy at the starbase

i went to the uniform section and dropped down the rank list, found Lt Junior Grade and Lt.

when i try to select either of them, it just forces it back to Ensign, even though i have achieved the rank. So i cannot even select the available Lt ranks to apply the change to the uniform!

Is there something i'm doing wrong? i had this same problem in Beta but assumed it was a bug so didnt think anything of it.

wanted to get some feedback from the community before i bug it in game

Thanks!
I saw that in OB but it seems to be working for me. Seems like a good candidate for a bug report to me.. include the specific uniform you are putting it on and the race and gender of the character/BO that you are promoting too
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 01:35 PM
It's still a bug. Happens to me too and causes a costume error.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beady View Post
It's still a bug. Happens to me too and causes a costume error.
ok good to know im not the only one (misery loves company)

mine did not generate an error in my case...it's more when you go to select one of the available ranks, you click on it in the drop down list, and then the list disappears and goes back to Ensign

ill bug it when i get home

Thanks for the feedback