Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
I attempted, about twelve hours ago to input my game code, and sign up with my CC.

At first it failed, and I figured I'd wait a couple minutes and attempt again. (Maybe I put something in wrong??)

I attempted again. Same thing.

So on.

I have now checked my CC account online and I am missing a dollar for each time I attempted to sign up.

Oh. I am also banned (suspended?) from the game until I can enter my code.

The following is the ticket I entered, but I keep hearing to make a forum post, with the info, just in case.

(I removed a couple things from the quote)
Quote:
I have attempted multiple times to use my Credit Card to set up an account, each time the StarTrekOnline.com website states that it cannot finish account set-up.

I have now been banned / suspended from playing the game and you have taken multiple dollars out of my account. One for each attempted authorization.

Each charge is listed as

Purchase CS CHAMPIONS ONLINE 408-399-1969 US -1.00

with different time-codes.

I require this to be fixed and will be making a "Thread" on the "Forum".

Please respond either here, or in e-mail at (my@email)

Thank you.
~Name
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 02:47 AM
Its scary when MMO's can take money from you so easily before the monthly sub is even due. That is not right.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 02:47 AM
I'm pretty sure the charges you mentioned are just authorization charges, meaning that you'll be refunded within a few days. (Happens to me all of the time.)

I was having trouble with activating my account. It took several attempts, but I finally activated my code.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 02:49 AM
it happent to me with paypal.
missing 1 pound.
They never said anything about that payment
Lt. Commander
# 5
i also made numerous attempts yesterday to register my code until it worked but no charges ...
Lt. Commander
# 6
wierd

what type of subscription method did you enter ?
Lt. Commander
# 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalisha
I'm pretty sure the charges you mentioned are just authorization charges, meaning that you'll be refunded within a few days. (Happens to me all of the time.)

I was having trouble with activating my account. It took several attempts, but I finally activated my code.
Yeah, they should be authorization charges.

But they're usually listed as such.

Also, those shouldn't have come out, as the company said my card was declined.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkape View Post
wierd

what type of subscription method did you enter ?
The 14.99 $.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-03-2010, 02:58 AM
have you thought about picking up the phone and calling Customer service, doing so and explaining the situation in a reasonable and calm manner usually gets the desired result, if in case it dosnt then talking to your CC company about the unwarrented charges also works...one thing that dosnt usually work is postting on game forums seeking sympathy from internet users.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-03-2010, 02:59 AM
I mean : did you pay through paypal, credit card or timecard ? did you enter your credit card number each time ?

there is always the possibility of a bug in the process of your applications. So far, no one else has complained about it ...