Lt. Commander
# 1 Captain - What to do?
02-03-2010, 11:21 AM
well i reached captain yesterday and i cant seem to find anything to do. theres the same boring missions in the cardassian sector.. well i could start exping more till admiral but somehow i dont see the point.

are thereany fleet actions after the crystaline? or is there any endgame content that focuses on something else then sector patrouls, sector block defenses andcasual missions that require you to shoot anything for 50times before it is ddead?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 11:24 AM
try asking one of the admirals what they did

i mean those who didnt exploit to hit admiral already

they may have some suggestions for you on what to do at captain.

i would say not many others are at captain rank already, so may not be able to point you in any direction.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 11:24 AM
Congrats!
im just curious.. im not trying to be mean.. but are you out of school and/or not employed?
Or you did what I almost did, took vacation time
I miss that time of life where I had no responsibilities and gamed down 24/7, good times..
No adays my wife wouldnt let me play that much, but im going to get her into it!
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 11:37 AM
i do know how to make admiral. thats not realy the issue here. the issue is i cant seem to find any more fleet actions or interesting events to complete other than just plain patroul/quest farming.

i took some time off work to get the "full experience"
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 11:43 AM
LOL. First day and someone has hit Captain and lost as to what to do next? And people mock me when i say this game won't entertain you past the first week, let alone a lifetime subscription's worth?

Sorry to hear that Zish, i was in the same boat as you, only i discovered how boring and dull it was by the time i hit Lt Commander before my order shipped - so i cancelled. Your best bet? Carry on doing what you've always been doing, boring, uninspired, soulless repeatable quests.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 11:45 AM
the game is live for 2 days, now I'm not sure what you expected but you have simply outpaced the game, more or less you drove so fast you now sit at the chasim waiting for DOT to catch up and build a bridge across it for you.

slow down and enjoy the trip, becasue seriously if you rush to the endgame now you WILL be dissapointed. take it easy and there may actually be something for you to do when you get there.

the devs not likely push out new content for the 10 or so people that power gamed their way to the end when there are so many other issues and tweeks needed for the rest of the million or so players
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 11:49 AM
I made Captain this morning due to having been in OB and knowing what to do... I didn't manage to make it to admiral and see what awaits me though... At Captain it does take a good bit longer to reach each new grade though, so I see more patrols, more exploration, and more specific missions in my future within the game. Haven't seen any new fleet actions though.

I'll wait until I reach admiral to decide what potential the game has though...

Edit:
BTW it didn't take 'power leveling' for me to reach Captain. I simply play through each mission. Usually a patrol and one 'specific' mission with a possible exploration mission thrown in if needed gets you to the next level. I made 10 grades a day the first day and slightly slower each following day. I'm hardly the only one I see plenty of Galaxy class ships and Voyager look-a-likes in the area around Bajor.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 01:02 PM
Wow, 10 grades a day? I'm just about to hit Lt Commander, but the most I've been able to squeeze out is a grade every hour or two - that's two grades a day at most.

I really can't understand people that spend their entire life for a week or so playing an MMO just to get to the level cap and then complain that there's nothing to do... By actually having a life and playing the game in sensible amounts, I doubt I'll hit the level cap any time soon.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOak View Post
Wow, 10 grades a day? I'm just about to hit Lt Commander, but the most I've been able to squeeze out is a grade every hour or two - that's two grades a day at most.

I really can't understand people that spend their entire life for a week or so playing an MMO just to get to the level cap and then complain that there's nothing to do... By actually having a life and playing the game in sensible amounts, I doubt I'll hit the level cap any time soon.
I am playing since head start and made Lieutenant 6, i guess i am even slower then you.

What is the rush OP?
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Wow, that was fast.

Slow down a bit maybe? Otherwise you will be blowing through content faster than it can be created.

You can try pvp if you enjoy that.