Survivor of Romulus
# 1 New races to join the Republic
02-26-2014, 07:54 AM
I love playing my reman. but the romulan republic is very limited in its playable races. I would ove to see sulubon or Cardasians join the republic. they would add a much needed divercity and new interesting reactions to the federation or the empire. new ship options and clothing options for the new races would be interesting aswell.

I would also like to see more romulan ship layouts. a more reman interier would be fun.
Lieutenant
# 2
02-26-2014, 08:17 AM
How about Nero's Modified Mining vessel?
That was a badass ship in JJ's Trek.

Fleet: Tal'Diann
Name: Dhivael i'Ratleihfi t'Kamemor
JJ Abrams did to Star Trek what Stephanie Meyer did to Vampires and what a Nuclear Bomb did to Chernobyl
Captain
# 3
02-26-2014, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorin187 View Post
I love playing my reman. but the romulan republic is very limited in its playable races. I would ove to see sulubon or Cardasians join the republic. they would add a much needed divercity and new interesting reactions to the federation or the empire. new ship options and clothing options for the new races would be interesting aswell.

I would also like to see more romulan ship layouts. a more reman interier would be fun.
The Suliban are the most likely since they play a part in the early missions.

Cardassia seems to have been a Federation protectorate since the end of the Dominion War so it's unlikely unless the introduce them as a playable race for all three factions like the Joined Trill. (There's more basis for a multi-faction Cardassian playable species than a Joined Trill given the sample size of one for the Trill.)

More ship interiors and body customization would be nice, but I'm willing to bet that a high degree of customization hasn't been a selling point for Cryptic since Champions Online went zombie and that's why you haven't seen it too often.
# 4
02-26-2014, 08:41 AM
Yriddians (sp?) and Suliban ?
Lieutenant
# 5
02-26-2014, 08:56 AM
Cardassians are the 4th faction if they make it to the game , don't expect it in 2014 though.
When it comes it will be same format as Romulan faction no doubt.

Still even though it might be only a demi faction I can't wait to be a true Cardassian not an alien one.
Career Officer
# 6
02-26-2014, 09:10 AM
The Corvallens are mercenaries and traders

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Corvallen

that have worked for the Romulans, maybe a few of them would be interested in dealing with independent Romulan colonies and the Republic.
They could be what the Nausicaans are for the Klingons.

In the "Countdown" Comics the Remans had smaller destroyer-like ships

http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...n_warbirds.jpg

http://6.mshcdn.com/wp-content/uploa...-countdown.jpg

http://www.sith.co.uk/images/stcd01a.jpg

that would certainly need to be drastically reworked to look presentable but hey, everything in those comics looked kinda ugly.

And we know it's possible to convert stuff from those comics into something presentable from another example.

http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...comparison.jpg
Empire Veteran
# 7
02-26-2014, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorin187 View Post

Cardassian space is way too far from the Romulan Republic to be a good option. And I want to play a Cardy at some point. My main Fed is a Cardassina (Alien).
Republic Veteran
# 8
02-26-2014, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenitysalander View Post
technically its already in game. cant use the exact model and origin, since the ship never appeared in anything in its borgified form as the narada in ST 09. the tal shiar adated ships are basically the same ship, just a different base form.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Empire Veteran
# 9
02-26-2014, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenitysalander View Post
The only weapons that it appeared to use were the shrapnel torpedoes, it also took all the weapons fire thrown at it, no evidence of any shields. A mining ship is no different from a freighter, the drill unit could have been an add-on.
Captain
# 10
02-26-2014, 10:20 AM
I would very much like to see the Corvallens, Yiridians, and Suliban added to the Republic. Then there would be 5 base species much like how the KDF had 5 species at launch.