Ensign
When I reach to rear admiral and now I'm Lv 45, I want to join STF. But when I want to, I don't know how to join STF, plz help me how to join STF.
Career Officer
# 12
02-09-2014, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysonic213 View Post
When I reach to rear admiral and now I'm Lv 45, I want to join STF. But when I want to, I don't know how to join STF, plz help me how to join STF.
Under your minimap, there's a series of small buttons. One looks like 3 arrows. That is what is called the "PvE Queues." That's where you find STFs. They'll be marked as awarding Omega Marks, and will have the names "Infected", "The Cure", or "Khitomer Accord" before the titles.
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Captain
# 13
02-09-2014, 05:45 PM
I would greatly appreciate having a TR-117 in game. Body armor can resist it to as it would fall under the "physical" category.

Incendiary rounds are fun sounding for secondary. As long as you had the standard hit mechanics instead of the ultra zoom it should be theoretically possible.
Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
Lieutenant
# 14
02-09-2014, 06:31 PM
i also want to know why everyone cant seem (I mean the guys in charge of Starfleet and the Klingons) to learn that a slug thrower is better than a phaser?
Rihannsu
# 15
02-09-2014, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by natthaan View Post
i also want to know why everyone cant seem (I mean the guys in charge of Starfleet and the Klingons) to learn that a slug thrower is better than a phaser?
Because its not.
Romulans ...
You start your career off as a simple farmer... then you launch yourself into a galaxy filled with intrigue, power plays, and high stakes games of interstellar conflict, as your career careens upwards onto your final destination ... a level capped Dilithium and Fleet Mark Farmer!
Captain
# 16
02-09-2014, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Because its not.
situationally it could be
Captain
# 17
02-10-2014, 01:18 AM
Replace the existing guns? Don't be silly. Having them as extras from the Omega store would suffice (and they already have the tech to allow them as a part of existing sets, see Jem'Hadar pistol/rifle).
-----------------======== Joined: January 2009 ========-----------------
Hate the look of the new Arc site? >>>Check out my redesign concept images<<<

Once again, UI feedback goes wholly ignored
Captain
# 18
02-10-2014, 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Replace the existing guns? Don't be silly. Having them as extras from the Omega store would suffice (and they already have the tech to allow them as a part of existing sets, see Jem'Hadar pistol/rifle).
Even Better.
Rihannsu
# 19
02-10-2014, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnshadow27 View Post
situationally it could be
There are a LOT of problems when that situational amounts to "those guys", that is the Borg and even that is debatable since I am not buying they so weak to ballistic trauma when they would likely be more resilient due to being cyborgs.

Plus there are a lot of variants on ballistics, the conditions one one planet would be different on another because of gravity alone, direct energy is a lot easier and a lot more lethal, plus nothing says shield cannot be used to negate kinetic energy, they do in space with torpedoes.

Its amounts to a crossbow being "situational" better that a semi-auto handgun, its far too situational to be of any practical use.
Romulans ...
You start your career off as a simple farmer... then you launch yourself into a galaxy filled with intrigue, power plays, and high stakes games of interstellar conflict, as your career careens upwards onto your final destination ... a level capped Dilithium and Fleet Mark Farmer!
Career Officer
# 20
02-10-2014, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
There are a LOT of problems when that situational amounts to "those guys", that is the Borg and even that is debatable since I am not buying they so weak to ballistic trauma when they would likely be more resilient due to being cyborgs.

Plus there are a lot of variants on ballistics, the conditions one one planet would be different on another because of gravity alone, direct energy is a lot easier and a lot more lethal, plus nothing says shield cannot be used to negate kinetic energy, they do in space with torpedoes.

Its amounts to a crossbow being "situational" better that a semi-auto handgun, its far too situational to be of any practical use.
Um... I don't recall being on ANY planet in this game where the gravity was more than one g. Yes, there are differing ballistic factors, but if Starfleet is smart enough to make a micro-transporter that attaches to the muzzle of a rifle, it's smart enough to be able to handle ballistics.

Remember, we can handle ballistics TODAY. STO is 300 YEARS from now (well, 295). I THINK that a society well-versed in interstellar flight and atmospheric entry/ext as a daily practice can handle a matter as simple as ballistics.

Now, you made the point that cyborgs may be more resilient to ballistic trauma because of being cyborgs. I want to point something out to you: Picard shot the Borg with a HOLOGRAPHIC Tommy gun and they died. Let me also remind you of the end of First Contact. The Borg Queen's flesh melted. She died. The very NATURE of a cyborg dictates that it is a symbiotic relationship between man and machine. Or, as Picard put it, "the Borg cannot survive without their organic components." Sure, they may be able to EVENTUALLY regenerate from the wounds, but the shock of ballistic trauma will overload the biological systems. If the nervous system isn't ENTIRELY overloaded to the point of uselessness by the shock, it'll still be a while to get the drone back up. The Borg will, for all intents and purposes, be dead. Once the fight is done, there's more than enough time for a proper clean-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
I did say the retroactivity was up in the air. And, as I said in the fourth post on this thread, I am not opposed to simply adding them as an option. It is simply a matter of these being the ONLY sets with two weapons.
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)