Career Officer
# 31
02-20-2014, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icegavel View Post
Rumor has it that's just what they're planning on doing. I think Geko said in a recent podcast that Crafting had finally worked its way up the ladder of importance to the point it might see a revamp in S9. Don't quote me on that, though, I may be wrong.

However, while we're doing weapon MODELS, a few new ones would be nice. Cases in point: The Klingon D'k tagh dagger and mek'leth short sword (as well as the Jem'Hadar Kar'takin polearm). The models EXIST in-game. NPCs use them. Where's MINE?!
Seconded, I'd love to see all of those, not to mention a ushaan for my andorian.
Survivor of Romulus
# 32
02-20-2014, 06:00 PM
I agree with most of the OP idea but Picard also said another thing and that was "don't let them touch you" now that was years ago from where STO is but still that would still apply and even though we have bunches of liberated drones now serving Starfleet,KDF and the Romulan Republic that does not mean lets go in swinging at the borg once your hit with there nano probes your essentially part of the collective even though you can be liberated there is always the after effects. Now that being said I like the idea for the weapons and would support this "if" the devs did it.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=42320274000&dateline=  1389855523
Career Officer
# 33
02-20-2014, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killdozer9211 View Post
Seconded, I'd love to see all of those, not to mention a ushaan for my andorian.
Or the swords we've seen in the show. Scotty once used a Scottish claymore, Sulu had a katana, Jean-Luc used long swords on the Holodeck, the list goes on. I want some more melee weapons. We're at war with the KLINGONS. Klingons like stabby stabby. Fight stabby stabby WITH stabby stabby. Also, stabby stabby is Borg kryptonite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bughunter357 View Post
I agree with most of the OP idea but Picard also said another thing and that was "don't let them touch you" now that was years ago from where STO is but still that would still apply and even though we have bunches of liberated drones now serving Starfleet,KDF and the Romulan Republic that does not mean lets go in swinging at the borg once your hit with there nano probes your essentially part of the collective even though you can be liberated there is always the after effects. Now that being said I like the idea for the weapons and would support this "if" the devs did it.
Yes, but I have practice cutting drones up. If you're quick about it, it's not a problem. Also, the bulk of my proposal was a rifle. :p
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)

Last edited by icegavel; 02-20-2014 at 06:06 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 34
02-20-2014, 06:57 PM
Like the proposed weapons, but as an addition to the current selection, not as a replacement.

They could also add a couple weapons that came up when I was discussing the TR-116 with someone. One is a "modern" version of the TR-116, the other is a kinetic shotgun. All three of these could make up a TR series from 117 to 119 or so.

The regular one would function more like the original with the physical bullet sniper fire mode and micro-transporter, so it would be a bit like the TR-116 we have now mixed with the MACO Phaser Battle Rifle. Kinetic damage sniper rifle which ignores line of sight.

The other one was a physical bullet shotgun with no transporter functionality due to the spread-shot fire. Would function like a pulsewave assault, but dealing kinetic damage. I think someone else in the discussion proposed making the rounds super-heated on firing, giving a chance to apply a "slagged armor" defense debuff. Might be something that would be applied on a slight chance, with a small effect that stacks a few times, similar to the buff from the new Solanae engines.

As for melee weapons, I can really see someone coming up with a design (the Borg included) to put a physical blade on a ranged weapon to breach shields. The Honor Guard Rifle has it, so the Klingons have some sense in that regard. However, I can also see the Borg themselves doing it as well due to the now widespread use of personal shielding among non-Borg factions. They adapt, and people are using shields on people, so I can see them doing something to counter it. If they did something like that, I can imagine it would take the form of a folding physical blade attached to one of their arm-mounted (not arm-replacing, those things hit hard enough in melee) plasma guns. Might even be something that Omega Force or a faction of Liberated Borg might adapt and make available to allies.
Career Officer
# 35
02-20-2014, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoryfive View Post
Like the proposed weapons, but as an addition to the current selection, not as a replacement.

They could also add a couple weapons that came up when I was discussing the TR-116 with someone. One is a "modern" version of the TR-116, the other is a kinetic shotgun. All three of these could make up a TR series from 117 to 119 or so.

The regular one would function more like the original with the physical bullet sniper fire mode and micro-transporter, so it would be a bit like the TR-116 we have now mixed with the MACO Phaser Battle Rifle. Kinetic damage sniper rifle which ignores line of sight.

The other one was a physical bullet shotgun with no transporter functionality due to the spread-shot fire. Would function like a pulsewave assault, but dealing kinetic damage. I think someone else in the discussion proposed making the rounds super-heated on firing, giving a chance to apply a "slagged armor" defense debuff. Might be something that would be applied on a slight chance, with a small effect that stacks a few times, similar to the buff from the new Solanae engines.

As for melee weapons, I can really see someone coming up with a design (the Borg included) to put a physical blade on a ranged weapon to breach shields. The Honor Guard Rifle has it, so the Klingons have some sense in that regard. However, I can also see the Borg themselves doing it as well due to the now widespread use of personal shielding among non-Borg factions. They adapt, and people are using shields on people, so I can see them doing something to counter it. If they did something like that, I can imagine it would take the form of a folding physical blade attached to one of their arm-mounted (not arm-replacing, those things hit hard enough in melee) plasma guns. Might even be something that Omega Force or a faction of Liberated Borg might adapt and make available to allies.
Yea, there's enough demand for a non-retroactive addition that I think I'll stick that in the OP. Retroactivity would be a bad idea.

As for everything else... my intent is to keep the "no line-of-sight needed" function on the Preorder weapon, with the Rep weapons being special in their own way without rendering the Preorder weapon irrelevant. I like the concept of a TR shotgun, but Task Force Omega already HAS a shotgun (KHG/Adapted MACO). But, it'd still be neat. A TR full auto rifle might not go amiss either, thinking about it. So, on TOP of the Charged Catana, maybe there can be an Omega TR Autocarbine on top of the AP Autocarbine. basically, bullet versions of all the weapons. Show some more specialization for the enemy (since most of the other reps specialize for that enemy - see Proton procs from Dyson).
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Captain
# 36
02-20-2014, 08:41 PM
I like this idea, ( always wanted me a TR-116 But since i joined the game a year or two after launch i couldn't exactly pre-order it )

More variety would be nice, And i certainly support the use of the screen accurate Phaser rifles for the standard Weapons in game ( just don't let anyone dev side change the the fleet weapons, I love the way they are already, though maybe they could be less shiny?)

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
Starfleet Veteran
# 37
02-22-2014, 10:49 PM
There's even more possibilities I could think of for weapons designed both for general MACO use and specifically for combating the Borg. Not just ground weapons, either.

One weapon might work like a split-beam rifle, but fire a group of micro-missiles (almost bullet sized) for the secondary fire mode. The primary fire mode might drop the auto-targeting mode and fire a single micro-missile straight ahead where the weapon is pointed. I can see potential with this one for being able to hit one target with multiple of these projectiles as a special extra attack ability.

Another might be a kinetic cannon for use on a starship, which would allow for bypassing Borg shield adaptation on a vessel. Arguably, this would be more for flavor and fun if added, as Borg cannot adapt to damage in space. However, if Borg *could* adapt in space, this would be invaluable as it would have a high shield penetration, like transphasic torpedoes.

For some reason I just got an idea right now of a "high density beam" or "compression" type rifle which fires a personnel-scale heavy graviton beam. That actually sounds really neat. It'd be something I'd love to have a go using. It'd fire a rifle beam strength graviton beam for the primary fire, and the heavier charged version for the secondary attack.

Last edited by theoryfive; 02-23-2014 at 08:26 PM.
Ensign
# 38 Picard long swords.
07-31-2014, 06:39 AM
Picard is fencer, he uses both Foils and Sabres. There should be a Picard fencing pack.

Last edited by mendorak; 07-31-2014 at 06:46 AM.
Ensign
# 39
07-31-2014, 06:43 AM
I would like to get my hands on a TR-116. That would work well against the Borg.
Survivor of Romulus
# 40
07-31-2014, 07:18 AM
Zombie! Kill it with fire!

Please don't resurrect threads older than 30 days...
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer
ARC: A way to Redeem Codes