Empire Veteran
# 11
02-05-2014, 02:42 AM
Ok, Mine is up.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...11&postcount=7

It cover my primary avatar in game. I tried to keep it very "military" is form and type as a "General" overview on the character as seen by section 31 and containing some additional information as needed. Information on the characters political views are noted as is her social and military position in the empire. Assumptions are made that the reader has addition information and knowledge with leading segments provided I hope sufficient sub text and coloring to invoke the readers thoughts, along with a refreshment of what would be considered general knowledge related to the subject matter as a reminder to the reader.

It's supposed to be an intelligence briefing so i tried to make it dry and to the point as such a document would be.

Khemaraa sends..

addendum: looked at what I'd written, went in cleaned up some punctuation and spelling, added several more paragraphs...tried to give it a little more feel as an intelligence file. Added an actual threat assessment but chose to word it in more general terms then I've seen used by most of the other writers. My justification is that any section 31 agent reviewing such a file would make their own assessment of any threat the subject would provide. WHat would be most important to such a person would be information revealing of drives and motivations. What makes the subject of the report "Tick" In existing canon trek section 31 has shown it's self the be very manipulative of those it comes in contact with, and utterly with out regard to any moral values if they should even possibly stand in the way of a mission objective. I wrote my "briefing" with that sort of mind set inmind.
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!

Last edited by oldkhemaraa; 02-05-2014 at 12:12 PM.
Captain
# 12
02-05-2014, 04:36 AM
Hmmm. I guess I could write a report on Talaina, which would branch off into Bravok's crew. Writing a report seems too much like actual work. May be a way to write a story out of it..... gonna have to think on this one, see if I can do anything.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Commander
# 13
02-05-2014, 05:05 AM
Going to pass on this one, as I expect it to be a veritable roll call of Sues. (This is the franchise and fandom that codified and named the archetype, after all, long before Gene Wesley Roddenberry put his very own on the bridge of the 1701-D.) I'll not pretend that I haven't engaged in the occasional bit myself, but as with other forms of... "self-gratification", I feel it's best done in private. I'll even allow that the game's plot, like most MMOs, encourages it by casting each player as The (Only) Hero, with no consideration to the impossibilities that arise when they get together and compare notes.

As an aside, I regret what's become of the once mysterious, threatening and elusive Section 31. They've become as much of a joke as the Borg, through a very similar process of overuse and Villain Decay; they are to this game what Crey Industries was to my previous one. IMO, captains shouldn't be trading stories of how they made Franklin Drake look like a fool (again); they shouldn't even be aware that he or his organization exist.

*slumps on his throne, peers morosely into his empty cup, and calls for an Alice to bring him a refill* :p

Last edited by hfmudd; 02-05-2014 at 05:07 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
02-05-2014, 05:36 AM
Alright, I've put mine up. It's not too long, but I'm satisfied with it for now.
My Fan Fictions

"Logic and War are old enemies"

Vice Admiral Soval - Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Bunker Hill
Career Officer
# 15
02-05-2014, 06:31 AM
Well, this my first stab at it, post now up.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...31&postcount=9
Captain
# 16
02-05-2014, 06:52 AM
@aten66 - congrats for being selected and thank you.

Although I want to agree with you 100% hmfmudd, I think this is a chance to spotlight a character in a different way. Every entry in previous LCs has elements of promoting the character as a "champion" even within the lore. This type of topic makes it more obvious, and I think that is okay.

But I do agree that Section 31 has become less of the mysterious entity it was designed to be in these challenges. Had I not been reading them as presented by various writers, I think their frustrating methodologies would keep them where they should be within the context of the game.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Survivor of Romulus
# 17
02-05-2014, 08:50 AM
So, congrats to aten66 for getting pinged for this. It's a fun topic, and it helped me really flesh out some of my minor characters.

ryan218: Short, but nice. There is elegance in brevity.
Founder and Grand Vizier of the Sovereign Ba'al joke. Hail Ba'al!
My official eternal issue: Why no muscle definition slider? Let's have some equal-opportunity sexiness, Cryptic!
PWE: NO to mandatory ARC! At least make it optional!
Rihannsu
# 18
02-05-2014, 09:22 AM
mine will be short... all 14 of them.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 19
02-05-2014, 10:05 AM
Submitted for your approval, threat assessments of the crew of the USS Bedford.
-------------------------------------------

"You're as crazy as the people on Twitter!" - Samuel L. Jackson
Ensign
# 20
02-05-2014, 10:28 AM
Posted the assessment of the crew of the U.S.S. Calico Jack by agent 00714, De'ta Ra Yer.