Lt. Commander
# 21
02-03-2010, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCeruleanSentinel View Post
I think that that need to make the connie phasers EVER MORE special in some way and leave the color selection intact. It would be great for the connie (and other special) weapons to leave a lingering trail or slowly degrade visually. This would make them unique and still leave color changing open.

I understand though if those with a connie disagree and would never want to infringe on that specialness. In the long run color selection is something I adore (especially the RPer side of me that has a borg with teal weapons), but I wouldn't want to take away from the connie. She is a special girl indeed.
I've got a connie, and I could care less about what color the phasers are.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-03-2010, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel_Martog
I counted 4 different colors, Red, Blue, Violet, and Orange
Tuntz..Tuntz..Tuntz..TunTunTuntz..Tuntz..Tuntz..Tu ntz..TunTunTuntz..Tuntz..Tuntz..Tuntz..TunTunTuntz ..
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-03-2010, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darmak
, but they gained the option to immerse the player in the atmosphere of Trek instead. Might as well have Federation flying in Birds of Prey... cause it's fun... if that's how you all feel.
ummm compare my ship to a Romulan Bird of Prey..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...1-04-16-34.jpg
http://technologizer.files.wordpress...t_cloaking.jpg

What I am Suggesting is a Compromise that would work. I have noticed it is only the PVP players who are upset, since they are the only ones really effected, and why are they upset? because some folks have different shields and boffs aimed at specific weapon systems and when they see a random color they don't know what it is, personally giving in to PVP players is what killed CO, I hope they don't do it here.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-03-2010, 04:23 PM
Sorry for the second post but I had to reply to these.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexiom
1) There is already a thread about this, and its even on the 1st page right now. Creating another is just spamming.

2) It has already been stated that this bug will be squashed, and that powerhue is going away. Please move on to the acceptance stage.

3) No amount of whining is likely to change this. I suspect that it has been mandated by the owners of the intellectual property.

4) No, you really don't need purple phasers.

1. Actually the Other post has turned into a Flame war and I am making a reasonable suggestion for a good compromise.

2. yes but the cat has been let out of the bag, and there is a lot of folks who like it.

3. sadly you sound like you are Whining I am submitting a reasonable and logical approach.

4. Actually yes we do, also green, yellow, pink and 360 different hues, well maybe not that many but as I have stated if you run disruptors and you are in pve with a full team it is rather difficult sometimes to tell who you are firing at, and who your team is firing at adding color options would fix this and it is already there no need for a big change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabasquaia View Post
Isn't a nerf if it doesn't affect gameplay. Cosmetic is cosmetic.
Actually it effects two things, having color options messes with some PVP players who swap weapons and powers based on who is shooting what, and as far as I can tell they are the most upset group, even if they hide behind "its not lore". and second in a team enviroment in space and everyone has the same weapon type including the NPCs it is easy to get lost as to who has what, and where is my target.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-03-2010, 04:55 PM
The Connie, already has a better hull 12K vs 10K for tier 1, it has an extra engineer station, anf the phasers do more damage. and buy far the best of the pre-order bonus. The power hue will allow us to have the blue phaser on upgraded phasers. You also can move the connie's phasers to other ships so from now on my tier 2 ships have connie lphhasers until I get some Mk3 to replace them.

I think the fact the can be used to disquish ships is a great reason to keep the colors in. Howeve, it should be via UI. But there is presidennt for changing them during battle.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-03-2010, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShirtedExtra
The Connie, already has a better hull 12K vs 10K for tier 1, it has an extra engineer station, anf the phasers do more damage. and buy far the best of the pre-order bonus. The power hue will allow us to have the blue phaser on upgraded phasers. You also can move the connie's phasers to other ships so from now on my tier 2 ships have connie lphhasers until I get some Mk3 to replace them.

I think the fact the can be used to disquish ships is a great reason to keep the colors in. Howeve, it should be via UI. But there is presidennt for changing them during battle.
More reasons to find a way to have a color change option ....
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-03-2010, 06:03 PM
Fixing a bug is not a Nerf. No abilities are being impacted.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-03-2010, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Sinner
Fixing a bug is not a Nerf. No abilities are being impacted.
You obviously didn't read anything but the title, please read and think before jumping to conclusions.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Cryptic has stated several times that powerhue is a bug and is being removed.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-03-2010, 06:09 PM
I would keep weapons as per their default colors to better assist with "conning" enemies. Green phasers and orange disruptors would really just confuse things greatly. As for vender-purchased colors, I would allow minor variation only. More red photon torpedoes, and more yellow ones, and quantum options that are more teal and more deep blue, perhaps. But no more than that, and I think having single, fixed colors is better in this regard.

If a player should be able to look at a ship and know in a glance what class it is, then they should also be able to look at weapon fire and know in a glance know what type it is.

I think Cracked1701 is right on track, though, just as all cryptic ship designs had to be approved by CBS, I'd bet that the weapon colors are right in there too.