Lt. Commander
# 1 Collector's Edition
02-03-2010, 03:10 PM
I suppose I was a little disappointed when I saw the collector's edition... It is small... tiny =/

Previous online game collector's editions were much larger and contained other neat little things in them like maps.

For example,

It would have been nice for the CE to first be large, like twice its current size, and, to contain a map of the galaxies showing the sectors and what not, a cloth map, with a star trek communicator for a ring to hold the map when you roll it up... I mean neat fluff like that.

The art book, well yes it is nice, but it would have been much nicer if it was at least the same size and WoW's or ***'s... I don't want a small art book.. need something large.

I'm not looking to pitch a fit here I guess I am just a little disappointed. I mean, it's Star Trek Online... everything about that says big....Space, fan base, recent movie...online game.... you get the idea. I still enjoy what I have and the game is entertaining enough, but kind of meh about the CE.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 03:15 PM
Yah, I had the same thought when I opened, it was cool however. No map!

Now I need a Starfleet shirt to pin my communicator to!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorby
Yah, I had the same thought when I opened, it was cool however. No map!

Now I need a Starfleet shirt to pin my communicator to!
That would have been a great idea, I think I just wanted something that's a collector's item I feel like I'm a collector of these things... You know... Because it's there.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 03:36 PM
I normally am a console guy, so compared to what you get with console stuff, I thought it was pretty cool. I did think the art book could have been more of an art book, meaning some sketches to show how they got to the final designs, maybe some notes talking about what they were thinking about or referencing while they were designing some of the ships. I felt like most of the art is already viewable on this site in carious places, and some concept work would have given some nice insight to the design process. maybe even some uniform designs and sketches, you know the kind of stuff you find in an "Art of..." book.

all in all though I thought it was OK for a collectors, I guess I kind of rationalized the cost to be spread out between the book and the digital extras. otherwise I dont want to think about how much it cost
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 03:51 PM
I kinda like the smaller size.
It fits on the shelf with my other games.

Sure, it doesn't look prestigious like my WoW and SWG CE's but it doesn't stick out from the shelf either.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 04:10 PM
I immediately thought, "a pin, 3 trial cards, a really nice booklet (kinda smaller than I expected) and a few ingame (cool as they are) items... worth $30?" I mean, I like what I got, and I realize it only looks like so little because that some of the items are ingame and not tangible, but... still felt kinda lacking. A map would have been AWESOME, but w/e.
Lt. Commander
# 7 Yep... not impressed. .
02-03-2010, 04:25 PM
I like the badge thats included in the collectors edition but the displayable box for it almost hides the badge. Also, theres nothing really cool about the 40 pages of art when they are stuck inside with the manual. It should have been the hardback book with just the concept art and related art seperate from the game manual. I dont think its worth 80 bucks and my in game rewards dont seem to be worth that much either.

I want my cloth map and decoder ring!
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 05:01 PM
It's not as though I am angry about it or raging I was just shocked I guess. Anyway, if that contributes to Cryptic's development of future games and they do well with constructive criticism I hope it helps.