Lt. Commander
# 11
02-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Although they have made it harder than the Super Easy Godmode, it is still rather easy. HOWEVER, it has been quite helpful when I get a lag attack (I blame europe), it really evens out. Unless it's really bad, then there is just no chance I will live, even with the Super Easy Godmode enabled. So, I second this.... ONLY after the lag and rubberbanding has been eliminated.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-03-2010, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Satyr
Although they have made it harder than the Super Easy Godmode, it is still rather easy. HOWEVER, it has been quite helpful when I get a lag attack (I blame europe), it really evens out. Unless it's really bad, then there is just no chance I will live, even with the Super Easy Godmode enabled. So, I second this.... ONLY after the lag and rubberbanding has been eliminated.
They really need a Euro server. Trans-Atlantic gaming FTL.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-03-2010, 05:09 PM
A lot of response to this topic, but it should be expected. The game has become laughably easy to play. Not to say that it's not a solid base, but the challenge is definitely on vacation.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-03-2010, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurataigiere

The Captain rises from his chair and yells to his Tactical officer, "LULZ PEW PEW LAZORZ!1!"
I loled... i agree totally too.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-03-2010, 05:35 PM
I felt the same way for quite a while.....then I ran into the Hirogen ships.....after starting the SB39 missions I've found the game slightly more challenging....akin to what you've been describing.....some tense moments wondering if my phasers would recharge quickly enough to drop heavy plasma torpedoes........not to mention trying to down a Scimitar with 4 people in an enemy contact scenario......

But I do agree....I'd like to see the early game a bit more challenging

Ya Hya Chouhada
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake509 View Post
I felt the same way for quite a while.....then I ran into the Hirogen ships.....after starting the SB39 missions I've found the game slightly more challenging....akin to what you've been describing.....some tense moments wondering if my phasers would recharge quickly enough to drop heavy plasma torpedoes........not to mention trying to down a Scimitar with 4 people in an enemy contact scenario......

But I do agree....I'd like to see the early game a bit more challenging

Ya Hya Chouhada
Huzzah! Another Dune fan! But, yes, it shouldn't take Plasma Torpedoes to make an enemy balanced.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-03-2010, 06:27 PM
Good post with an actual, logical suggestion instead of a vague "make it harder".
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-03-2010, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurataigiere
Huzzah! Another Dune fan! But, yes, it shouldn't take Plasma Torpedoes to make an enemy balanced.
I noticed you fixed your sig...lol

the Hirogens were tough without those damn torpedoes......how far along are you?
Lt. Commander
# 19 Yes Sir may i have another
02-03-2010, 06:38 PM
This is all true. If any Star Trek captian happened upon a group 4 or god forbid 5 battle ships of any size, the captain would run or scuttle the ship or at the least scream for help.

Please make Star Trek like STAR TREK

1 Klingons rarely hunt alone and are always a worthy advisary but like wolves hunt in packs
2 Romulans never enter a fight they cannot win that is simply illogical
3 Cardassians are arogant and make foolish moves dispite equal fire power they often loose
4 Borg have always been far superior in power and simply should not be beaten by any single ship (boarding party required)
5 The dominion, a worthy apponent always but still only equal in power to the Federation
6 Gorn well they are just too slow
7 Undine Like the Dominion

Fire at will Trolls but i too feel STO pve is out of balance
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-03-2010, 06:39 PM
I had a good time in one of my space missions last night. I was auto-grouped with 2 others. One warped out but stayed in the group. The other went off to do who knows what. That left me with a large group to deal with. I had to use all my cool downs and shield facing to wok the fight. I lost half my crew and one shield once. Never dropped below 90% hull though. That was the level of difficulty I felt in CB and OB. It was a lot of fun. I miss that.