Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-03-2010, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonster
I want to get a premade of Klingons who ball up uncloaked and see what happens out of 10 matches. I want to see how many complain about us being cloaked wussies, and all that loving stuff they send our way for "griefing".
Hate to say it but unless the Federation group was pretty inept the Klingons would get rolled everytime.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-03-2010, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antilles1 View Post
Hate to say it but unless the Federation group was pretty inept the Klingons would get rolled everytime.
That's what I'd expect. However, some fed groups ball by their spawn and don't move at all. They just start laying mines as soon as they spawn in. Of course if I came up against a bunch of feds who'd camp in the middle like they should, for obvious reasons, we could always ball up a few K out or down and away somewhere. I just want to see what happens when the feds are waiting when we're not cloaked. Will they move ever or just complain? What happens if we say "We're uncloaked, YOU come find US for once." What happens then? Who's the griefer if they don't budge?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-03-2010, 04:15 PM
This is cute and all, but I'd like to point out that hitting the ball with scramble sensor causes all of their mines to attack them.

Did this during OB, it was kinda funny... not really sure why people ever cared about mines... dont think I was ever hit by one during cloak.

Meh.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-03-2010, 04:17 PM
Maybe im wrong here... (or perhaps im missing something) but...

Cant you just lob a full torp spread into that? then BOOM! there goes the mines, dmg to whoever is doing the "mine balling" and likely cause some AoE dmg from the mines as well??

There is always a way around something. Find it, and use it, dont cry about it.

and, ive seen feds, AND klinks do this. its highly effective, if no one has the thinking power available to get around it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-03-2010, 04:20 PM
Guys I mentioned mines in passing, not as a point of argument. I don't care about mines I know how to deal with them. The point is Feds will sit at their spawn until Klingons come to them, and if they don't they start talking crap about the Klingons playing, and some of them even have the gall to call us griefers. Granted there are a few bad apples out there, I've never been in a match where Klingons stayed cloak after the teams filled and we got organized.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-03-2010, 04:22 PM
i really hate having to agree with spaghetti...

:p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeex View Post
Maybe im wrong here... (or perhaps im missing something) but...

Cant you just lob a full torp spread into that? then BOOM! there goes the mines, dmg to whoever is doing the "mine balling" and likely cause some AoE dmg from the mines as well??

There is always a way around something. Find it, and use it, dont cry about it.

and, ive seen feds, AND klinks do this. its highly effective, if no one has the thinking power available to get around it.
Spread isnt THAT big.

And @spaghetti: yes, I know it was in passing... just kinda silly that everyone keeps bringing them up with the fed ball.

A timer ending the match if nobody gets killed is all I really want, so I can get my damn SP and move on against a bunch of quitters. :/
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Heh, we should all start balling at our spawn point - see if they even bother to move before they start moaning at us
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-03-2010, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face
Spread isnt THAT big.

And @spaghetti: yes, I know it was in passing... just kinda silly that everyone keeps bringing them up with the fed ball.

A timer ending the match if nobody gets killed is all I really want, so I can get my damn SP and move on against a bunch of quitters. :/
I wish they locked you into a match when you join a match, instead of locking you in when it's over. They seem to have that bit reversed.

Also they should force respawns.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-03-2010, 04:40 PM
lol, that a good one.. i am seeing some similar names that I fought again on the kling side, where the battle could had gone either way.. as a Fed science officer and shp. toon name "Qusar-Tare". I usually on the losing end :p -

But seriously, I think one thing that should be change in any pvp instances is the ability to see the other fractions names above their ships, there should not be any names showing, unless it is your own fraction. Granted I use it too horned on someone, but I think if, they remove this feature from pvp instance it will make for a more challenging battle and fights.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:19 PM.