Lt. Commander
I might be getting it wrong here but I spend a lot of time reading posts on the forums than posting and have noticed a on off pattern with the Devs when it comes to a response on posts.

There is the Amazon UK thread, The GPU cards and so forth. They appear to post in them but nothing comes of it or there is no follow up which appears to be the case here on a number of threads which concerns me with regards to how they expect praise for their great customer service skills.

I know that there are some multiple posts on the same subjects while some posts can be made in ones already there some may have a different story that is not fitting to be posted and in their own right to make a seperate thread.

I dont know if these repeat posters are getting in the way of Dev responses and I ask why there doesn't seem to be any forum Moderators appointed to act on behalf of Cryptic and the Devs so that they can clean up the forums and respond to lesser posts that dont need Dev input.

This will free the Devs up to look into more important posts as stated above?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 03:03 PM
yeah no response to the call for bug fixes like deep space encounters that are broken and that borg one that is broken also on the issue about ground auto attack and other stuff.. so I dunno whats going on to be honest.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 03:05 PM
There isn't much point for them to post if they don't have any news to impart. I mean, jumping into a "hot issue" thread and saying "Hey guys, I have no comment about this" is likely not going to accomplish anything productive. You also have to remember that the guys monitoring the forums are not (usually) the same people making the decisions or developing the game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 03:09 PM
All I would like is to know that there is some way of bringing up an important topic that I know they will read or at least acknowledge....even if it was to say 'nope that will never happen' or 'we are looking into this'
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 03:12 PM
I understand that but even a follow up post that comes a day or 2 later stating something like, "quick update guys we are still looking into this or have been in contact with x y z and haven't had a response just yet and will let you know more soon"

Or our development team is currenlty looking into this and will hopefully have a fix soon etc.

This is the sort of thing I expect to see the forum Admin doing especially on hot topics which effects the community as a whole rather than individuals that would be better suited to a support ticket.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 03:17 PM
They are quick to respond to billing issue threads
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac09 View Post
yeah no response to the call for bug fixes like deep space encounters that are broken and that borg one that is broken also on the issue about ground auto attack and other stuff.. so I dunno whats going on to be honest.
They are always working to crush bugs, I see absolutely no reason why they should need to state the obvious. Going around typing "known bug, we are working on it" for every single thing is an utter waste of time and resource.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 03:28 PM
The reason they don't answer to each and every post is simple:
They answer to a lead developer. The lead developer has some sort of plan (usually). The other devs follow that plan.

They read a cool suggestion and think "Oh how cool would that be!", answer to that suggestion, folks get their hopes up, then the LEAD dev comes, checks it out and says "I'm afraid we can't do that, it doesn't fit to our current plan!", then the uproar and whining starts.

That's why they almost never answer to anything but certain posts.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-03-2010, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by traj
They are always working to crush bugs, I see absolutely no reason why they should need to state the obvious. Going around typing "known bug, we are working on it" for every single thing is an utter waste of time and resource.
And what about things that aren't bugs? We still haven't gotten any response about skill issues other than that we will be getting respecs at some undetermined point in the future, which doesn't exactly solve the underlying problem.

Or anything on documentation? You have to do a lot of digging right now to find information in game on how certain things work. There's no way to track your progress for crafting at memory alpha, for example.

There are a lot of things that they're being curiously silent about for some reason.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-03-2010, 03:35 PM
What do you want them to say? Do you want them do go into hundreds of threads and post "WE KNOW IT'S BROKEN, AND SO DO YOU. WE'RE GONNA FIX IT"

You'd complain if they did that, too.