Lt. Commander
# 21
02-03-2010, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeyan
Right now I would be happy with just confirmation. As I stated a couple posts above, "We're aware this is an issue and are working on it." would be more than plenty. They could also add a Known Issues topic with all the major things being worked on listed to cut down on duplicate topics, which shouldn't be too terribly hard to keep up.
Agreed we need a known issues forum so we can see what is being looked into and they can remove those fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-03-2010, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigorius
Just because someone (or several people) complains about something doesn't mean the devs can accept that as a problem until they can verify it. And even once verified, a known issues thread normally only contains issues that cannot be corrected in the immediate future. And again, during the first month of a new MMO staff are going to be busy with launch/startup issues. This is only the 2nd day of STO so slow communication on some issues should be expected.
Im not talking about complaints. I am talking about known bugs/issues that the developers are well aware of. If you dont think they have a list themselves? They have a nice list from beta. To think they dont is foolish.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-03-2010, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilosoldier
Im not talking about complaints. I am talking about known bugs/issues that the developers are well aware of. If you dont think they have a list themselves? They have a nice list from beta. To think they dont is foolish.
They almost certainly don't have a list - they have a database.

Printing it out in a luser-understandable fashion is a non-trivial task.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-03-2010, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenBrillig
They almost certainly don't have a list - they have a database.

Printing it out in a luser-understandable fashion is a non-trivial task.
LOL.

Argue semantics.

And yes typing up a known issue thread is not hard. Im sorry. They have compiled many bugs. Identify the ones you know or are actively working on. Its not hard, many other developers do this very thing. It just depends on whether it fits cryptics PR strategy.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Not so long ago, the sensors / tricorders did not show the anomalies. You had to look until you stumbled upon them. Players were complaining about it all the time, posting and posting again.

One day, in one of those threads, a dev posted a very short answer : "starfleet engineers are cooking something". No details, no ETA, nothing but this.

Most people stopped ranting very fast because everytime they did, someone copy/pasted the Dev's answer with the link. Eventually we got the system you see now in game.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-03-2010, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilosoldier
LOL.

Argue semantics.

And yes typing up a known issue thread is not hard. Im sorry. They have compiled many bugs. Identify the ones you know or are actively working on. Its not hard, many other developers do this very thing. It just depends on whether it fits cryptics PR strategy.
No, it's not hard. It takes TIME. Significant amounts of time.

Or do you really think "Memory leak in ClassShipTurnImpl" tells anyone but the devs anything?
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenBrillig
No, it's not hard. It takes TIME. Significant amounts of time.

Or do you really think "Memory leak in ClassShipTurnImpl" tells anyone but the devs anything?
Again, you argue a vague point.

No one says it needs to be an exact technical reproduction of their in house bug tracker. Are you just trying to be obtuse for the sake of argument? And it doesnt have to be every minor flaw. Just a summation of the most player effecting bugs/issues with a reply they are "Known and being investigated"
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-03-2010, 04:47 PM
Give it time - our little community is like a main street in New York right now.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delazure View Post
Not so long ago, the sensors / tricorders did not show the anomalies. You had to look until you stumbled upon them. Players were complaining about it all the time, posting and posting again.

One day, in one of those threads, a dev posted a very short answer : "starfleet engineers are cooking something". No details, no ETA, nothing but this.

Most people stopped ranting very fast because everytime they did, someone copy/pasted the Dev's answer with the link. Eventually we got the system you see now in game.
Most players will understand that a game will have issues. IF a developer is open a communicates with its player base, my many years of experience says that player base will be very understanding. There needs to be no time frame given for "fixing". Just an openness with the playerbase that they are in it together.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Personally I think the devs are pretty good at responding to stuff that is BROKE.

I do question why certain things that are brougt up over and over are not being addressed. I mean, skill point cap, the way the trees are structured , 60,700 not being enough pts to work with, and the logic of skill placeent has not been addressed in any meaningful way. Auto fire has seen countless threads since even closed beta, thru open, head start, and now release, and those threads aren't touched with a ten foot pole.

Those seem to be the two biggest hot button issues that are never responded to.