Lt. Commander
# 31
02-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroesWar View Post
I might be getting it wrong here but I spend a lot of time reading posts on the forums than posting and have noticed a on off pattern with the Devs when it comes to a response on posts.

There is the Amazon UK thread, The GPU cards and so forth. They appear to post in them but nothing comes of it or there is no follow up which appears to be the case here on a number of threads which concerns me with regards to how they expect praise for their great customer service skills.

I know that there are some multiple posts on the same subjects while some posts can be made in ones already there some may have a different story that is not fitting to be posted and in their own right to make a seperate thread.

I dont know if these repeat posters are getting in the way of Dev responses and I ask why there doesn't seem to be any forum Moderators appointed to act on behalf of Cryptic and the Devs so that they can clean up the forums and respond to lesser posts that dont need Dev input.

This will free the Devs up to look into more important posts as stated above?
Devs should be fixing bugs and content, not responding to forum posts. I imagine the only reason they are is to because there eyes are bleeding from looking at bug reports and bad code. CS and GM's should be responding to posts and relaying that info to the devs via bug tickets.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanzant View Post
Devs should be fixing bugs and content, not responding to forum posts. I imagine the only reason they are is to because there eyes are bleeding from looking at bug reports and bad code. CS and GM's should be responding to posts and relaying that info to the devs via bug tickets.
I should clarify that when I (and probably most people) say devs I mean someone who works at Cryptic and has any real authority on the matter. Of course I'm not expecting someone who just writes code to come and chime in on game design choices or suggestions from players... But even the community representatives, whose entire job is to communicate with the player base and relay information to and from the people who are busy with fixing bugs and writing content, have been notably silent on and even evasive of a few issues.

Can we just get some response? Being ignored only leads to threads that never end with speculation and trolling rampant on both sides of an issue.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-04-2010, 07:40 AM
It was my understanding that the Devs on here give feed back too and from the developers and dont actually go away and program anything.

They should be a presence on the forums but I only see limited responses so what else they do behind closed doors remains a mystery. perhaps more input as to what role they are now playing and give us as a community some understanding?