Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Skill Respec Bug
02-03-2010, 07:40 AM
A friend of mine played CO and since STO uses the same engine he told me I could reset all my skill points via the ingame command (/RespecPowerTrees) and now I can not re-spend any of my points. When I try to I get the following error, "There was an error ranking up your skills". Does anyone know how to fix this or do I need to wait for a GM?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 07:53 AM
you need a gm ticket.. respecs are not in the game yet as leveling is directly tied to spending your skill points not just getting them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdiot View Post
A friend of mine played CO and since STO uses the same engine he told me I could reset all my skill points via the ingame command (/RespecPowerTrees) and now I can not re-spend any of my points. When I try to I get the following error, "There was an error ranking up your skills". Does anyone know how to fix this or do I need to wait for a GM?
Ouch bro - your buddy burned you =( Hope they implement this soon, because when I first started I had no idea what skills would be appropriate for what class and now Im lt commander 5 and kind of want to go a more offensive route so that I can level more efficiently..
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 05:23 AM
I was hoping the patch would fix the bug but sadly it did not and I still have not heard anything from a GM.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 09:55 AM
Haa men that sucks.. but I must say thanx for sharing I wont make the same mistake.
Please kep us updated on your progress...
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 10:34 AM
Ya it sucks, makes the game a real challenge. Someone suggested that it would auto-correct if I leveled but the problem is I am already LVL45. Still no word from a GM, its boggle my mind why cryptic would leave all the commands active if the don't work or they didn't want them in game.