Lt. Commander
I consider myself to be a MAJOR Star Trek fan. Until now, I have lacked the time & never been interested enough in the format to play a MMO before.

Recently I was involved in a major car accident, I am laid up & have plenty of time in front of the computer. I have throughly enjoyed playing the BETA and intend to be quite active in this game.

However, right now I am very clueless about what a fleet can offer. Nor do I have any idea how things like team speak work.

I am 30 years old, an American, and have a graduate degree in Biochemistry. I should be able to pick things up rather quickly, but I don't know anybody personally who plays this type of game.

I think I could be a valued addition to your fleet; if somebody could take some time to offer me some guidance and tips which I newbie like me is lacking.

My handle in the game in Tyken. If you have the time to be patient and offer a bit of one on one instruction, I will gladly serve your fleet to the best of my ability.

Look forward to hearing from you!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 05:57 PM
The Federation Fleet is still recruiting. We have been around for a while now, and before the wipe had around two hundred members from around the world. Excuse me, please, for using this previous number, as I have personally not been able to get an accurate count of members since headstart, since I cannot seem to get on. We accept all ages and nationalities, but we also try to keep a mature setting.

Because we have so many members, there is always somebody on while the game is up, and there is yet a time for me to see when someone asks questions, they are not helped immiedietly. If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please check our forums in the link in my signature.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 09:27 PM
Sorry for your accident.

Please spend a few minutes on our website and check out LNR Fleet.

We are a large Fleet that is founded on being inclusive. Here are some important facts you should know:

* Casual & mature - Anyone can join who will follow and help enforce our charter

* Stable - Established guild with over 6 years experience

* Multi-game guild - While many stay in a game (I'm a lifetimer) as you might move on to new games, so do others in LNR. Stay with the same gang as new games come out.

* Strong Leadership - Members can prove themselves and become highest ranking leaders through our election process - All of our leadership was elected -- they have proven their leadership

* You can be an officer - Join the STO Chapter now as a Member or Acting Director / Officer for a limited time

* Voice Chat - Private Vent server (only join if you want)

* Strong communication - Full featured website (over 100,000 posts), roster, forums, chat, image gallery, and more spend your game time ...gaming...discuss guild matters on the website

* Inclusive guild - not exclusive - We don't require you to be on at certain hours, play certain amount of time, or play a certain way...you play how you want to.

Please join us and learn what it is to be part of a legendary Guild.

www.GoLegend.com
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 09:29 PM
19th Federation Starfleet is currently recruiting members, we have 5 members including 1 ingame arleady. We also have a Ventrilo server, Website, Web Forums, and a community that has had guilds in at least 3 other games including SWG, Secondlife, and Lord of the Rings online. Our group is mainly from the United States, but we have freinds from all over the world. We focus on PvE and light Roleplay. We are also looking for members to help build the Fleet and plan events.

CaptainBurst
Vice Admiral, 19th Federation Starfleet
Director of Tactical Operations
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas_Iscariot

However, right now I am very clueless about what a fleet can offer. Nor do I have any idea how things like team speak work.

I think I could be a valued addition to your fleet; if somebody could take some time to offer me some guidance and tips which I newbie like me is lacking.

My handle in the game in Tyken. If you have the time to be patient and offer a bit of one on one instruction, I will gladly serve your fleet to the best of my ability.

Look forward to hearing from you!
Greetings.
I represent "The Black Sheep" we are a fleet that is made up of mostly people in the central time zone. I would be honored to help you in your quest to level your character. And membership in our fleet for me to help you out is NOT required.

As for joining a fleet. There are alot of good fleets in the game, some have fancy stuff like,.. Ventrilo (a program that allows you to talk to someine instead of having to type), or a dedicted fleet website with extra info (tips and tricks). And all this does not include the added bonus of being able to rely on your fleet friends to help you with hard missions, or just the fun of hanging out with others while you are all doing missions together. So a fleet is a good thing to join, it also helps later on when you start doing things like raiding (massive battles that need lots of people). So no matter which fleet you choose, pick one that will help YOU grow. Do not be afraid to ask them questions, most fleets are more than willing to help...

As for getting useful information to help you I recommend the STO- wiki.. it's a work in pgrogress but it does contain alot of useful information. http://sto-intel.org/wiki/Main_Page
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 10:04 PM
Brother,

I am Legate Nador Ekoor, founder of the Cardassian Jevonite Order...We've been around for close to two years and though we are small, we are mature, laid back, and care for each other as a family.

Our fleet is one of two fleets that fall under the Gamers Domain clan (a multi gaming group). We balance PvP, PvE, and RP according to what each individual wishes to participate in. You will not go into a mission without friends as there is usually someone on at the same time. We use Ventrillo voice server (free for you) to talk about life and coordinating missions.

I am residing in Hawaii and we have a couple members in Wyoming so you will have plenty of friends around you.

We chose Cardassian because it wasn't involved with the Federation or the Klingons because we wanted to be different and the challenges of playing a Cardassian would be greater then playing one of the normal factions. We know that the Cardassian patch has not been installed into the game yet, so members are free to play whichever faction they want until the patch does arrive.

We would like to invite you to look at our websites and if interested, join our family.

http://www.gamers-domain.us/index.ph...&action=recent

http://cardassian.guildlaunch.com/index.php?gid=118026
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 10:08 PM
Currently everyone is new to this game and we are all learning to play. If you're looking for a fleet, come check out The Fifth Fleet.
We're looking for all types of players.

The Fifth Fleet is looking for more recruits, we have many places still to fill out in our fleet, especially in the departments of Science & Exploration, and also in our Tactical Operations, Logistics & Security departments.

What we want:

Dedication
Creative thinking
Formality when talking to fellow officers
Honorable conduct
Support your fellow officers - We laugh together and we grieve together
What we give:

Exams to teach you about our procedures, science, military strategies
A circle of friends, the Fifth fleet is more than just a random group of nobodies. We are true friends here.
Dedication from our officers - You are never alone
Always a good laugh
Fleet movie nights, Fleet game nights
Ample rewards for those who deserve such rewards

The Fleet is looking for You!
You think you got what it takes? Enlist Here.

Remember, only the best serve in the Fifth Fleet. If you feel you aren't the best - Don't worry. We'll make you the best that you can be.

# 8 {ufp}
01-31-2010, 10:13 PM
Hey there Judas_Iscariot!! Best of luck in your search for a Fleet.

In your research be sure to check out the {UFP}. We're a Star Trek only gaming community that has been in operation now for seven years. To find out more about us, just use the link in my sig. Then use the tabs on the left of the main page to find out everything you would like about us. If you have any questions about us just PM me here or on the {UFP} site. I'll help in any way I can. If you do sign up with us please tell them AlanShepard sent you!!

So again good luck in your search & in game.
Lt. Commander
ty for posting this. I have some health issues as well. I do hope you continue to get better daily physicality and mentally.

I became a real pc gamer in 94' with my first copies of AOE and Command and Concur. I consider myself to be an avid trekkie, but what dose "avid" mean? I have never been interested in a MMO, it looked like "hide and seek" to me. I tried to play WOW w/ my family, but I am not into fantasy at all.

I will look at the sites posted by the fleet personnel, it looks very interesting. It is like a clan, troop, etc...

ty again Ken
My First Caricature is Sir Tiddley Winx
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-04-2010, 01:25 AM
Yeah we all start somewhere right?

Just like our Fleet, The Midnight Wolf Knight's

We are a laid back type of fleet, we are not into RP or anything fancy. We are into this for one thing and one thing only...
To Have Fun =)

We will be more then happy to look into your skills, help when needed and have a open mind for other ideas you might have.

Come Check us out =)