Lt. Commander
# 1 Debuffs, really so short?
02-03-2010, 03:50 PM
Supressing fire, and focus fire last.... THREE seconds? Seriously? thats barely enough for one single shot, what the hecks up with that? O_o

I understand it helps when all people focus on something and shoot it at the same time, but its still rediculously short. Not to mention the buffs to you last such a short amount of time.

my engineers buffs / debuffs last longer....way longer than tactical officer O_o
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 05:00 PM
It makes me wonder why're they're even in there. Don't the cool down times also get shorter the more you rank up in related skills? It would make more sense to me for the powers to last longer to meet the cooldown, rather than the cooldown meeting the power duration.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 06:09 PM
Ya the duration of debuffs has put me off a lot. I guess I'm too used to FFXI style battles where a debuff could last several minutes and make huge noticeable differences.

But I agree some debuffs seem far too short and seem to have no effect. Some on the other hand I think are fine. Things like hold type abilities are definitely good the way they are (well maybe a shorter time in PVP since it always seems to be overused I what little I played of it).

Of course it's somewhat of a moot point since combat is so crazy easy right now buffs and debuffs are practically worthless. Though it might be different once you reach tier 5, but who knows till we get there.