Lt. Commander
# 1 protect the ss rover..
01-30-2010, 08:40 PM
Yeah ummm can we get a follow command or sometthing.. also random attacks on the rover.. I went and killed all the spawns now following it around zzzzzzzz
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 11:33 PM
Patrol The Xarantine Sector --- Seedea System Portion of the Patrol

Anyone figure this one out. You kill all the spawns and the USS Rover AI ship just keeps roving and you cannot complete the mission because all you can do is follow it arround and there is nothing to protect it from.

I will try and protect it first a second time and hope it works. Will try and get its part of the mission done before securing the stations.

P.S. Mission will not start over after I drop it. Bummer...
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 11:50 PM
Bump Bump Bump
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 11:52 PM
I go around kill all the targets then folow the ss rover till its done awlays works for me never had any issue wtih it beyond it being boring
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac09 View Post
I go around kill all the targets then folow the ss rover till its done awlays works for me never had any issue wtih it beyond it being boring
Well I finally figured out how to get that part of the mission dropped, so will be doing it again.

I followed it arround for a good long while and it got nothing. How long for you did you have to follow it arround with nothing to attack it before it said completed?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 12:33 AM
The trick is to follow the USS Rover from base to base and only kill the spawns at each step along the way. Do not go on ahead and kill all the spawns and then go back to the Rover. Stay with Rover the whole time. Let the enemy ships fire on it and then move in to clean up at each step.

Do it that way and the mission works perfect.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 01:49 AM
done it twice in CB and again today on live by just killing everything then very slowly following the Rover to each waypoint, the rover stops moving if you go too far away though, so you basically orbit the whole planet twice, once to kill stuff and once to follow the ship.

not a bug, just very very tedious
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 01:55 AM
I remember it in beta, it took me ages too. I did again it last night, staying close the the Rover and it took 1/4 of the time I guess.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 05:37 AM
yeah, that missions currently blows.
when i did all i killed off the initial spawn, then flew ahead, cleared the other 5 or 6 marks and then had to follow that lame transport around for 5min. so i would get the credit ... follow would be nice indeed
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trismigistus View Post
Well I finally figured out how to get that part of the mission dropped, so will be doing it again.

I followed it arround for a good long while and it got nothing. How long for you did you have to follow it arround with nothing to attack it before it said completed?
takes a good 5-8 minutes

I went and killed the spawns anyway but then I remembered named friendliest never die man we really need a follow command to work on npcs