Lt. Commander
since you guys turned off auto-fire for ground combat, which I don't mind personally, makes it more engaging and less boring, you also added a sound effect that goes BEEP when you try and use an ability that is on cooldown, please remove this sound, because I am mashing my keys to attack now that autofire is gone but i'm constantly getting this beep beep beep.. so annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidox View Post
since you guys turned off auto-fire for ground combat, which I don't mind personally, makes it more engaging and less boring, you also added a sound effect that goes BEEP when you try and use an ability that is on cooldown, please remove this sound, because I am mashing my keys to attack now that autofire is gone but i'm constantly getting this beep beep beep.. so annoying.
Yeah I have a macro and even with having it go off just every 1.5secs it's annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 05:31 AM
turn down the interface sound will help that..

Downside is you turn down some other sounds aswell, but meh.. Better than going crazy from that BEEP
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 04:01 PM
we should be able to disable the annoying sound since it will inherently be repetitive, or at least know what sound file it is, so we can replace it with an effectively empty sound file so it will make no noise.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidox View Post
Quit hitting buttons like a monkey and try to play more stratigically...
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysthis View Post
Yeah, because you use a standard attack with like 2 seconds cooldown "strategically"... of course the basic attack is to be spammed!
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysthis View Post
There is no strategy in abilities that refresh in a few seconds... The player/boff skills yes, and timing torpedoes yes, but energy weapons are clearly for no other intent than spam spam spam... Saying anything other than that is either willful denial of reality, or simple ignorance of the way they work. There is no strategically viable application of them other than to have absolutely maximum saturation of effect, by which the only way to do that is of course to pound the buttons, seeing as auto-fire is woefully lazy in many cases compared to a user's input, and smashing space bar tends to cause weapons to interrupt each other which is in and of itself asinine, but an argument for another time.

If anything, the player controlling his weapons individually and manually is the arguably more strategic than the one letting the computer do it for them...