Lt. Commander
Come on ... there's gold spammers just spamming like crazy in open chat .... Aren't you guys going to do anything? I put 8 people on ignore just in this last pass through Sirius sector ... all spamming gold sales every 3 or 4 seconds, and no Dev does anything about that?

WTF ... I already have like 30+ ignores just from spam ignores .... it shouldn't be my job to maintain and ignore list ... its Cryptic's job to keep these guys out, and to have someone listening to the chat and banning them on the spot.

Hell, just put the damned messages and mail through a search filter, and the instant it has their gold site in the context .... send it to a dev to read, and give him one button to ban them. That's simple stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 05:29 PM
gold spamming in open chat is fine, you just report it and block it.
However the gold spam in the private mail is another thing. There is no report spam button on the forum mailbox so it's too much effort to contact Cryptic and report them. I'm getting them regularly, 3.4.5 at a time andall I can do is delete them.

We need an easy one-click report button.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 05:34 PM
What is it exactly you expect them to do? Make it so someone has to examine every line of zone chat to approve it before it goes out?

Report them and they will eventually get banned.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 05:36 PM
I said it in another post somewhere but the devs should simply silence spammers ability to chat and send mails, but give no warnings about it so the spammers will keep paying to be in the game but no one will ever hear their spams or see their mails. Although thinking on it a little more, I guess if one spammer talks to another spammer they know then the gig is up and they'll cancel and re-sub on a new account.