Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-03-2010, 09:33 PM
This is a longshot, but when you start the launcher, click 'Options', then 'Proxy'; it should be set to 'NONE'. If it isn't, make it so. Doubt that's the problem, but what've you got to lose?
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-03-2010, 09:36 PM
I got this until I was able to get a subscription through.

Reason I don't think it was the server is because my husband was in game and playing at the time I was trying.

Once the sub went through and updated my account I was fine.

Hope you get help soon on it though.
Lt. Commander
# 13 Fix to not allowed to connect
02-04-2010, 10:17 PM
I recieved this error too. I found the reason is that I did not activate the game. I purchased the game pre-order and had the pre-order activated only. Once the game was released the pre-order key was no longer valid. If you pre-ordered the game make sure that you activate the actual game.

Hope this helps you.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-04-2010, 10:43 PM
What was your last location? If it was K7, that's why. When people tried to login in beta when their last location was now offline for maintenance that's the message they'd get.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-04-2010, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martox View Post
I recieved this error too. I found the reason is that I did not activate the game. I purchased the game pre-order and had the pre-order activated only. Once the game was released the pre-order key was no longer valid. If you pre-ordered the game make sure that you activate the actual game.

Hope this helps you.
Yeah, I suspect this is the case with me as well. My fiance needs to set it up as he will be the one paying for it rofl. And I keep forgetting to remind him. But thankfully there is a delay of a few days so I'll try and remember before the weekend starts
Lt. Commander
# 16 Uhhhh....
02-19-2010, 07:08 AM
EDIT!!!!!! My mistake. I had to take the game box, and enter THAT code. Apparently that's not the same as the pre order code. Oh well. Got it. Yay!
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-19-2010, 12:01 PM
Well ive been trying to log in for 7 days now, and i still get this retarded little error, even after i bought a pre paid play time card and activated it, im offically done, thank god i kept the return box so i can get a full refund.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-19-2010, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance86
For the last 15 hours Ive been recieving this message everytime I log on and attempt to access the Server. Ive recieved no message stating Im banned or Suspended. Yet I have been cut off from the Server. Is anyone else having this issue? Ive already tried a number of things but only more complications have come up.

1) Uninstall: My computer refused to actually uninstall the game even after shutting down and rebooting.

2) Got the disk out and tried to repair, froze up mid way through reinstall.

3) Currently downloading the remainder of the files from STO Launcher, and will patch up hopefully afterwards, Heres to hoping it helps.

If anyone else has any ideas. Please let me know.
You should try re-entering your retail product key.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-19-2010, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOtherCarIsABirdOfPray
Well ive been trying to log in for 7 days now, and i still get this retarded little error, even after i bought a pre paid play time card and activated it, im offically done, thank god i kept the return box so i can get a full refund.
Your account is only showing a pre-order code. Please be sure to enter the Retail code, which is generally printed on the manual.