Lt. Commander
# 1 Paypal is bad joojoo
02-03-2010, 07:54 AM
We have one card that we ONLY USE FOR PAYPAL.

Paypal is an overseas company. It operates as a bank but because it isn't they don't have to follow any banking regulations that will protect the consumer.

The card that we only use through paypal got *****. Skype minutes, plane tickets, and a ton of other charges.

My bank, USAA, explained that this is becoming a huge problem with paypal. So if at all possible stay away from them. And if you HAVE to use paypal. Watch your accounts closely.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 08:20 AM
And I have to ask this:
How is it related to STO? I'm sure you're having issues with paypal but it's a bit off topic.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 08:26 AM
Probably slightly related since we can pay for STO with Paypal.

On a tangent, love that Avatar. I can almost hear them in my head...

"We are wal-mart. All your shops are belong to us." :p
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 11:56 AM
And people tell me I'm paranoid for avoiding Paypal like the plague.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 12:04 PM
use credit card to pay for the game if thats wat youre getting at

otherwise csb
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIP-Gallows
We have one card that we ONLY USE FOR PAYPAL.

Paypal is an overseas company. It operates as a bank but because it isn't they don't have to follow any banking regulations that will protect the consumer.

The card that we only use through paypal got *****. Skype minutes, plane tickets, and a ton of other charges.

My bank, USAA, explained that this is becoming a huge problem with paypal. So if at all possible stay away from them. And if you HAVE to use paypal. Watch your accounts closely.

I have been using Paypal since 2002 for EBAY, game subs, steam and other things

They have refunded me on many many issues and answered my disputes

You are a moron
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 12:09 PM
<--- never had a single problem with paypal in the 8 years I have had an account with them. Then again I also took the precautions to have a secure password and also did all the other security measures as well. However alot of people are getting crapped on through paypal due to their own oversights of protecting their accounts as well as using an account email linked that is used for many other things. It's also a good idea to have anti spyware and anti virus protection to keep yourself from getting any and all accounts hacked or accessed by other people.

After all it's your money if you don't want other people dipping in protect your money. There's no shortcuts for establishing security.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 01:06 PM
ALOT of people got nabbed by the imitation paypal phishing emails in recent times, I think that's where msot of the "paypal is evil" voices come from.

I've been using paypal for probably 8 years now, never had a problem. If anything I feel a little safer paying with paypal rather than typing my credit card # into some random ecommerce checkout page.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_gamer View Post
I have been using Paypal since 2002 for EBAY, game subs, steam and other things

They have refunded me on many many issues and answered my disputes
I'm not going to call the the guy a moron for being a little cautious, but I agree I have been a paypal member for years and use it exclusively for a LOT of things that I would rather NOT use my CC for. Not a single issue in so many years.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-03-2010, 02:47 PM
I too avoid paypal like the plague and will never ever under any circumstances use this fraudulent company..

I've never had a paypal account or played WOW, but one day I open my bank card statement to find a charge from paypal on my business card to level up a WOW character that I don't own, and a paypal account i didn't own.

I call paypal ,they take the charge off, and two weeks later it reappears , this went on for 6 months. And Paypal wouldn't even let me have access to the account that THEY maintained was mine. I just wanted to close it out completely after all.

Long story short It ends up with me and my Bank lady on the phone with paypal and MY Bank lady is loosing her mind with them. After an hour on the phone with paypal, my bank lady realizes that I'm 6 moths past the stage of anger that she is in and proceeds to blacklist any and all charges to my debit/account from paypal.