Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
02-03-2010, 10:05 PM
i'm a fed and I like the idea, I'm a little to busy to explain the finer details though
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
02-03-2010, 10:30 PM
Your idea of a non-cloaking Klink is ok. I don't see it working myself, because the issue is not the fact that Klinks cloak, the issue is that they abuse the cloak function into forcing Feds to sit bored out of their skulls for a long time in a PvP arena where no PvP takes place, until they leave. That is the issue and one of very short sightedness by the Klingons using this "tactic".

Once you get into tier 3 + all this cloaking business is forgotten, it is no longer an issue.

That still doesn't take away from the fact that it is a total pain, and NOT fun having to sit there as a Tier 1 or tier 2 fed waiting for klingons to decide to uncloak or not.

If there are idiots playing Klinks who think it is a viable tactic to all cloak and not attack and force Feds to sit looking at a blank section of space for 30 minutes or more until they leave in order to get a win, then a nerf will be coming, or at best, a timer on PvP matches.

At the end of the day, if Klinks don't want a nerf to cloak, then they need to stop abusing it, because the amount of whine from the Feds about it will force the devs to put a nerf of some sort in or a buff to Feds science vessels = same thing.

This is a game, as such meant to be fun. If you make PvP not fun by abusing the cloak function for extended periods of time, then it is the Klinks as a whole who will suffer. Reality is most of the player base, by far, is Feds.


They don't care about canon, they don't care if you think it is clever or viable as a tactic to do so, they just want fun. This is a VERY simple MMO, very very casual target audience. Right or wrong, it is what it is.
It is in your own hands Klinks.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
02-04-2010, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythran
lol. Agreed. Where are you feds?? These are klingon's suggesting a ship with NO CLOAK...Gasp!


I think they are afraid their bluff might be called.
They wouldn't know what to do with it if they caught it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
02-04-2010, 03:10 AM
well if the T2 Cruiser dont have Cloak then it should have as much Shield and Hull Weapons and BO. as a Fed Cruiser. The reason the Feds dont want that is they know we would Beat them even harder if we managed to get a Tank like that :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
02-04-2010, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanxari View Post
well if the T2 Cruiser dont have Cloak then it should have as much Shield and Hull Weapons and BO. as a Fed Cruiser. The reason the Feds dont want that is they know we would Beat them even harder if we managed to get a Tank like that :p
Yeah you may be right!

I mean I'm not stuck on any ideas specifically. I just thought it may be interesting if klings had a ship that doesn't cloak at all tiers. In T5 this and the VoQuv would be buddies.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
02-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Other people have made similar suggestions before, and it's true - this game needs some variety.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
02-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Sorry SpaghettiMonster , it's rare that I disagree with any of your posts , but this is one of them . I'm going to use something that I don't normally point to mainly because of the inconsistencies in it . that's canon , and obviously more along what STO is doing . What it comes down to is if you can cloak a Negh"Var and not a Vo"Que from a game design perspective a T-2 cruiser being unable to cloak makes absolutely no sense . All ships in all the tiers save one can cloak , as a game designers does that make sense ?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
02-04-2010, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
Sorry SpaghettiMonster , it's rare that I disagree with any of your posts , but this is one of them . I'm going to use something that I don't normally point to mainly because of the inconsistencies in it . that's canon , and obviously more along what STO is doing . What it comes down to is if you can cloak a Negh"Var and not a Vo"Que from a game design perspective a T-2 cruiser being unable to cloak makes absolutely no sense . All ships in all the tiers save one can cloak , as a game designers does that make sense ?
Hey I don't mind if people disagree. What may sound like a really good idea to me, may be a really bad idea in implementation. My explanation was that the prototype wasn't built for cloaking. It's built to hold the lines. A defensive mobile platform. It is not meant to hid, but rather to show, represent, and defend Klingon presence where ever it is. My explanation wasn't simply "they couldn't cloak it", but rather "instead of using cloak on a defensive ship that most likely doesn't need it as much as the front line attackers like the Neg'Var, we'll use that extra energy and space for hard ablative armor, extra shielding, and weapons".

You know these kinds of explanations aren't out of the realm of canon. Star Trek always comes up with reasons like these to explain stuff or to change things up a bit.

Oh well I just had the idea, I know I wasn't the first who had the idea of a non-cloaking ship, but I wanted to expand on it a bit. I'll be happy with whatever Cryptic does, as long as it's good and Klingon
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
02-04-2010, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
Sorry SpaghettiMonster , it's rare that I disagree with any of your posts , but this is one of them . I'm going to use something that I don't normally point to mainly because of the inconsistencies in it . that's canon , and obviously more along what STO is doing . What it comes down to is if you can cloak a Negh"Var and not a Vo"Que from a game design perspective a T-2 cruiser being unable to cloak makes absolutely no sense . All ships in all the tiers save one can cloak , as a game designers does that make sense ?
Sure it does if it's an orion, nausicaan, other ship that doesn't utilize cloak.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
02-04-2010, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
Sure it does if it's an orion, nausicaan, other ship that doesn't utilize cloak.
I forgot to mention that I'm open to the possibility of it being built on orion, nausicaan, or gorn tech.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:08 AM.