Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 21 exchange the game at walmart
02-09-2010, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.G.Franks
I ordered a pre-order for my cousin. He got the game, but no skill points or any other bonus items came with it. Upon looking into it i found that at walmart the boxes on the shelf are PRE-ORDER BOXES!!!!! people buying the game off the shelf are getting your skill points. This is not cryptics fault, but I think they should make it right. It IS walmarts fault!!! they sold you and me an off the shelf copy of STO, and put the pre-orders on the shelf.
This seems to be correct, walmart is selling the package with the preorder bonus in stores, and shipping the regular version. I suggest that any person who purchased the preorder through walmart to take their recipt in and exchange it for the copy they orderd. According to walmart policy they will only exchange the game as it has been opened (no refund), but that would solve the issues of the preorder bonus. Also if they give you any grief ask for a manager and go up from their until you speak to the store manager. if you need to go that far and the store manager is unavailable, go to the back of the store by the bathrooms (usually) and copy dwn the store managers direct number and call, or if you feel particularly iritated try the district managers number(daily until resolved).

as for the collectors addition, you might have to wait for them to send you another copy... hopefully the right one this time as the collectors is not sold in every store.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-09-2010, 09:47 AM
Well it's day five (5) since i submitted a ticked for the skill points. Cryptic still has not responded to it!
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-09-2010, 12:08 PM
I did not get mine either. It appears many of us have been left unfullfilled.

It's been 6 days since I opened a ticket. They haven't even said get lost. Honestly even with a lifetime sub I'm beginning to thing every dime I invested in this game and company were a waste. The last of my friends who came over here with me just went over to Eve. It's 5 years old and as space goes it stomps STO into the dirt. For that matter so does Starwars Galaxies also a 5+ year old game.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-09-2010, 02:58 PM
a week after launch I get a email from walmart. And wouldn't you know it contains a key to access my 500 skill points. Already closed my support ticket.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-09-2010, 03:21 PM
YEP...just got the e-mail and did the activation.