Lt. Commander
# 11
02-03-2010, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverrunsred
Oh , I see. For example, I have Eng. Capt. If I put 9 points on Star Ship Aux. System Maintenance, I can train my BO who has emergency power to aux, correct? (train him to lvl 3 or only 1 more level above the original skill level)?

Thanks!
Yes, to level 3, though I don't think it requires that he has emergency power to aux. In fact, it probably would replace whatever skill he currently has sitting in the LtC or Cmd slot.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-03-2010, 09:33 PM
It only lets you train the level III version. For the I or II version you use the power trainer.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-03-2010, 09:40 PM
What is the point of training them since I can buy these skills through vendor (not expensive at all)?
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-03-2010, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverrunsred
What is the point of training them since I can buy these skills through vendor (not expensive at all)?
You cannot buy the tier III skills from a trainer. Just tier I and II.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-03-2010, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaMHC
You cannot buy the tier III skills from a trainer. Just tier I and II.
Thanks for your help. Is there anyway I can figure out mapping between captain skills and the corresponding trainable BO skills?
Sorry if my question is stupid I just don't want to waste 9 points and realize that I can't train the BO skills I want.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-03-2010, 10:26 PM
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-03-2010, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
Well first, your captain has to be the same profession as the BO you want to train. Engineer captains can only train Engineer BO powers, not tac or sci.
That's only half of the truth. Engineer Captain can also train all rank 3 skills of science- and tactical-BOs. But he need always an unassigned BO with this skill 3.
I'm e.g. an engineer captain and got recently an unassigned science BO with Viral Matrix 3 which I trained onto my science BO. By this way I can collect all skill 3 I want.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-03-2010, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druuna
That's only half of the truth. Engineer Captain can also train all rank 3 skills of science- and tactical-BOs. But he need always an unassigned BO with this skill 3.
I'm e.g. an engineer captain and got recently an unassigned science BO with Viral Matrix 3 which I trained onto my science BO. By this way I can collect all skill 3 I want.
What I stated was that an enig captain can train only enig BOs, i.e. from their own traits.

It's true, you can have a BO train another, regardless of your own profession.

However, I'd like to also point out that tier III skills are almost always in LtC or Cmd slots for BOs, which means you're likely to not have a station for that tier skill, if it isn't the class ship that you're flying.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-04-2010, 08:43 AM
Another question...can you train an uncommisioned BO in a level III skill? That way, you could do sort of a "crafting" thing. (since you can't trade commissioned BOs)
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-06-2010, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by agantara
They really need to remove those tooltips from the captain skill trees if you aren't that specific class. It's really misleading and the source of lots of confusion.
No, they should just remove the profession restriction, since it doesn't make any sense at all.

If I am an expert in Adobe Photoshop, I can train anyone in Adobe Photoshop, even if I am not a professional graphic designer or photographer. If I am an expert in doing brake jobs on a car, then I can train anyone to do brake jobs on a car, even if I know nothing else about car mechanics.

So why should my Engineer captain who has HYT III not be able to train a BO in it?!