Lt. Commander
# 1 Are all exploration badges in?
02-03-2010, 08:24 PM
So I recently made Lt. Commander and saw on Earth Spacedock that some of the npc's in the shipyard sell gear for badges. I noted that second order exploration badges could be acquired in the Hromi Cluster and the Khazan cluster, so I decided to head to Khazan cluster and do some exploring.

I completed three missions in the Khazan Cluster, but no where did I see an indication that I had acquired these badges. I checked my chat window, which displayed awards for completion. I checked my inventory. Nothing. I don't even see a tally of any of my badges any where on my interface. All I see is starfleet merits and energy displayed in my inventory window.

So are these badges in game? I know there was an issue during beta where it had not yet been implemented. Or is there some kind of mission requirement I must do prior to taking these missions?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 08:24 PM
You're only Lt. Commander, and have the Level 3 exploration badges. I'm sure that Captain and Admiral zones have the fancy ones you seek. But in time....
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 08:30 PM
The badges are in game, but I don't remember offhand if there's any way to check them without being at a vendor that deals in them... sorry.

Edit: Just re-read your post... what level are you again? There are missions you have to have in order to earn them, just going to a cluster and exploring random systems won't help without them.

Edit2: To clarify, the Hromi exploration mission doesn't start until Lt Cdr 4, and I believe the Khazan cluster is higher level than that but don't remember exactly...
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 08:34 PM
I'm pretty sure you can't just head to the cluster and start doing random exploration, you need the actual mission from Starfleet to explore 3 systems in that cluster. That'd be specifically to stop people getting badges at too low a level.

As for where you can see how many badges you have, it's on the Character screen (where you see all your equipment etc.) under the Progress tab, down the bottom.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtalisman View Post
I'm pretty sure you can't just head to the cluster and start doing random exploration, you need the actual mission from Starfleet to explore 3 systems in that cluster. That'd be specifically to stop people getting badges at too low a level.

As for where you can see how many badges you have, it's on the Character screen (where you see all your equipment etc.) under the Progress tab, down the bottom.
Essentially this - you don't get offered the Exploration mission from the Lieutenant until you complete the 'To Boldly Go' mission, at least insofar as the Hromi cluster has gone for me (and really the first two nebulae as well - Delta Volanis and the Arucanis Arm).

For some reason, the Hromi cluster mission is auto-completing for me each and every time, and the only way I can verify this at all is because I do get the Second ORder badges after finishing three of them. It's really annoying, to be honest. :/